• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

Memphis09

I wonder if a spell in central midfield might benefit Alex to develop his passing skills
If he could pass the ball five yards to a city player it would be a start

Memphis09

Well I am in the camp that does not rate Hartridge
Yes he has had the odd good game but on the whole I don’t think he is league one standard or above
He lacks pace and can’t pass
I for one hope we get a left sided centre back
Also I think Diabate is a far better prospect
Time will tell if I am correct

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
As I said he will be playing in the championship soon they will see the potential in Alex
I was talking about Diabate not Hartridge ;)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well I am in the camp that does not rate Hartridge
Yes he has had the odd good game but on the whole I don’t think he is league one standard or above
He lacks pace and can’t pass
I for one hope we get a left sided centre back
Also I think Diabate is a far better prospect
Time will tell if I am correct
It's actually the odd bad game he has. The vast majority of games he's good. Don't let a couple of off performances towards the end of the season blinker your view on on his overall contribution.

Bat Fastard

It's actually the odd bad game he has. The vast majority of games he's good. Don't let a couple of off performances towards the end of the season blinker your view on on his overall contribution.
in fairness to memphis he's been slagging him off all season

Maybe Alex isn't really confident in the new way of trying to play out from the back. A good pre season would hopefully rectify this, but if not I feel GC will already have adequate cover in this position with the ability to play this way. Must give the lad a chance and if staying in the new role Grounds could be a great help.

tonykellowfan

I've never understood fans randomly hating their own players. Hartridge was an integral part of a back 3 in L2 (with Stubbs and Sweeney) that was one of the best we have seen at the club for years.

He has been decent for most of the L1 season and his recent drop off in form has to be seen in the context of a long season, playing some of the best sides in the league, with many of the best midfield players missing.

Memphis09

Thanks glad you did not tear me to shreds
I just don’t think he is good enough but saying that it is hard to find left footed defenders
Hopefully he will come back and ram my words down my throat
GC was a top defender so perhaps he can work some magic

Memphis09

in fairness to memphis he's been slagging him off all season
That’s cause I don’t think he is as good as some think
As always it’s a matter of opinion
Time will tell

Memphis09

I've never understood fans randomly hating their own players. Hartridge was an integral part of a back 3 in L2 (with Stubbs and Sweeney) that was one of the best we have seen at the club for years.

He has been decent for most of the L1 season and his recent drop off in form has to be seen in the context of a long season, playing some of the best sides in the league, with many of the best midfield players missing.
I don’t hate one of our own
There is a big difference between hate and not being good enough
Also when he was injured last season Diabate played there and kept him out of the side