• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What so our entire back 5 are right footed?

Got a sneaking suspicion MT may play Grounds
It's not ideal but we have played that back 5 before and been succesful, for example at home to Scunthorpe. Against a physical side like Tranmere I would expect Diabate to get the nod. It's then a question of whether you want the extra pace of Caprice to compensate for the loss of Hartridge's ability to bring the ball out of defence and his excellent understanding with Sparkes. Personally, however I think Sparkes is benefitting from having a run in the team and playing really well so would keep on picking him.

Cowshed Grecian

What so our entire back 5 are right footed?

Got a sneaking suspicion MT may play Grounds
I’m not sure that would be a great idea...34 year old who isn’t match sharp just back from injury. I would be surprised if MT didn’t play Chieck who hasn’t put a foot wrong yet to be fair surely?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
perhaps discuss Alex's replacement for tomorrow on the match build up thread?

Bridgy 81

Only watched Friday’s match on iFollow so obviously I could have missed somethings, but I was impressed by how composed and assured Alex looked all the time and how well he used the ball.
He hardly seemed to break sweat but was always in the right place at the right time.
Ironically and unfortunately the only time he tried to put the afterburners on hamstring went!
Hopefully he’ll be back fit and firing for preseason. I reckon currently left of a back three is perfect for him.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only watched Friday’s match on iFollow so obviously I could have missed somethings, but I was impressed by how composed and assured Alex looked all the time and how well he used the ball.
He hardly seemed to break sweat but was always in the right place at the right time.
This just about sums up Alex's performances all season. League Two is now too easy for him. Can't wait to see him in League One now.

andrew p long

This just about sums up Alex's performances all season. League Two is now too easy for him. Can't wait to see him in League One now.
Tops the ECFC player ratings from Lincoln fan site with a 7.4 score in his first ever League One game.

SaintJames

Tops the ECFC player ratings from Lincoln fan site with a 7.4 score in his first ever League One game.
He looked very assured and by some stretch our best defender. However, given how many of their fans admired Jevani surprised Alex pipped him?

STURTZ

From the highlights I saw his throw looks longer this season! Need someone capable of putting them away.

JW57++

Of all of our team, Alex is the one that I believe to be the most likely to play at Championship level or above.

Thames Valley Red

I saw that, he is drawing the plaudits and is getting better. Very composed and very well drilled back line. He might be the one that goes next. I thought Josh Key wasted a few good opportunities, that said he gets past a man. Needs to play the simple pass at times.