• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Grounds must be fit then.We will need a couple of experienced heads before this is finished.
Indeed. In yesterday's MT interview he said that Grounds was available for selection for today. But (understandably) MT stuck with the same 18 as last week.

Bridgy 81

that's what MT said..out for the season. MT said Cheickh or Groundsy would have to step up.
I don’t know whether Cheick is fasting this month. If so it maybe a lot to ask him to play all 4 games, especially if this hot weather continues.
I wonder whether, all things being equal, we may split the remaining matches between him and Grounds with whoever isn’t playing on the bench.

grecIAN Harris

I wonder whether, all things being equal, we may split the remaining matches between him and Grounds with whoever isn’t playing on the bench.
Which is what I suggested back a page. I think KMT will do it for tactical reason regardless of Chieck's fasting requirements.

Rosencrantz

I think Cheick will start most of them with possibly Grounds starting either Rochdale or Barrow. Grounds has actually been a pretty effective sub at times this season when we have been chasing games.

dontpassback

I think Cheick will start most of them with possibly Grounds starting either Rochdale or Barrow. Grounds has actually been a pretty effective sub at times this season when we have been chasing games.
Yes and he took his goal against Harrogate well

Rosencrantz

Yes and he took his goal against Harrogate well
I think he enjoyed his strike against Swindon a bit more though 🤫😉

Bridgy 81

Which is what I suggested back a page. I think KMT will do it for tactical reason regardless of Chieck's fasting requirements.
My apologies for not reading every one of your posts, committing them to memory and referring to something that you say you’ve already said.
I think my point was a little different to yours as I mentioned the potential fasting element for Cheick.
You didn’t, so perhaps your thoughts in that regard were subliminal.
Or not.

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah, we have Stubbs and Sweeney, Cheick can fit in beautifully, Grounds should be a replacement if the other 2 get injured, nice to have a bit of Yoof back there.
It was the back three of Stubbs, Sweeney and Diabate coming together in January that really kick-started our season. We will miss Hartridge's extra skill on the ball going forward but at this stage 5 nil-nil draws will probably be enough to get promoted and everything we've seen suggests Diabate is more than good enough defensively.

scottus86

If Diabate plays, I wouldn't be surprised to see Caprice at left wingback while he is on the pitch.

STURTZ

If Diabate plays, I wouldn't be surprised to see Caprice at left wingback while he is on the pitch.
What so our entire back 5 are right footed?

Got a sneaking suspicion MT may play Grounds

Last edited: