• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's wing backs for you. I have yet to be convinced they are in any way a good idea
Especially when we seem always to employ full-backs in those roles on both sides of the pitch. To me, we lose something going forward.

If we're solely employing 3-5-2 to give Ray some protection due to his lack of pace then I'm frankly worried. MT himself had little pace but was successful in a flat back four.

tonykellowfan

I just wanted to say how well he has done coming back into the side.

He picked up where he left off with no drop in quality or the need to get fit again.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What is most impressive is Alex's consistency; he rarely seems to have a bad game or even make many obvious mistakes during a game and is usually one of three or four best players every week. Alex also seems to be a quick learner and able to adapt during games; a few times recently I've seen him early on in a game chatting to Sam or Cam or Jack and they seem to be working out the opposition threat and getting their positioning right.
Will be interesting to see how his career develops. Sam and Chieck seem more obivously destined to play at a high level but wouldn't surprise me to see Alex playing in the Championship at some point.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really think his position as left sided centre in a back 3 is ideal for him, gives him the chance to get up the field where he is more than useful.

Memphis09

He has made me eat my words and has been really good since he returned from injury
Perhaps that did him some good as it should he had to work hard to replace dibiate

Avening Posse

He’s more than decent, Stubbs and Diabate have been revelations and surpassed the expectations of most so he hasn’t been missed like he might have been. Great player though and I reckon he will have a great career

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has an impressive amount of confidence and composure. I maintain he's a really good passer of the ball. Like Sweeney, tends to make the right decision with the pass when under pressure inside his own half.

Cowshed Grecian

Hartridge and Sweenz are both talented defenders. They look so good the more they keep things simple. Cut out the silly loose passes. That performance V Port Vale from Alex was absolutely awesome, positioning was spot on and he won everything.

Rosencrantz

Alex is one of those players who can go under the radar a bit. There is nothing obviously eye catching about his game but he is consistently very good at most parts and goes about his business quietly and efficiently. He is going to be a real mainstay of any team he plays in.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alex is one of those players who can go under the radar a bit. There is nothing obviously eye catching about his game but he is consistently very good at most parts and goes about his business quietly and efficiently. He is going to be a real mainstay of any team he plays in.
I agree. He has very good positional sense, good composure, good strength, and an excellent long throw but his biggest strength is that he doesn't really have a weakness.