• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's funny Ballz ?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I certainly wasn't convinced by him, he looked too casual, too timid and lacking aggression, he's really improved these aspects in recent months.

He attacks the ball now and has enough aggression about him.
It's ok PC, everyone's allowed to be wrong once in a while 😉.

Seriously though, he just needed a bit of time to settle in to L2 football. U23 and youth football is more technique based whilst his loan spells would have been more physical but not the same sharpness. But he showed in those games a potential to progress which he now is showing he has. Playing alongside McArdle has certainly seemed to help as well.

Colesman Ballz

What's funny Ballz ?
Just illustrates why I have more faith in the opinion of KMT rather than the views of a Simian "Pep". That's all ! :p

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just illustrates why I have more faith in the opinion of KMT rather than the views of a Simian "Pep". That's all ! :p
Yeah because the likes of Ajose, Fisher, Seymour, Big Nige, Maxted etc etc have been smash hits haven't they !!

Your position on literally every topic is that the club is right, it's farcical.

Colesman Ballz

Yeah because the likes of Ajose, Fisher, Seymour, Big Nige, Maxted etc etc have been smash hits haven't they !!

Your position on literally every topic is that the club is right, it's farcical.
Whereas, your judgement seems to be be based on a coaching qualification, gained on a correspondence course from the University of Crediton ! 😎

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whereas, your judgement seems to be be based on a coaching qualification, gained on a correspondence course from the University of Crediton ! 😎
Great reply Ballzy. :rolleyes:

How old are you, 85 going on 8 ?

Colesman Ballz

Great reply Ballzy. :rolleyes:

How old are you, 85 going on 8 ?
Aren't you being missed from the tea party ? 🍰

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aren't you being missed from the tea party ? 🍰
No point, you and Taggy will have eaten all the cake. Careful on your way home Old Boy, we know what you are like with a shandy and a few slices of cake inside you !

andrew p long

meanwhile, on today's MDT (Harrogate away) Max helpfully suggests that Alex is destined for greater things. I've been wondering whether Alex was starting to move from 'youth product who now plays regularly ' to 'one of the first names on the team sheet - and therefore at 22 being likely to attract interest from higher divisions'.
I've always been a big supporter of Alex, but frankly could understand the 12-18 months when the likes of TPC said ' he seems to have a mistake in him' . But it is looking to me now that Alex has got beyond that and may well be the next one (after Josh Key) to attract bids. Views?

Rosencrantz

meanwhile, on today's MDT (Harrogate away) Max helpfully suggests that Alex is destined for greater things. I've been wondering whether Alex was starting to move from 'youth product who now plays regularly ' to 'one of the first names on the team sheet - and therefore at 22 being likely to attract interest from higher divisions'.
I've always been a big supporter of Alex, but frankly could understand the 12-18 months when the likes of TPC said ' he seems to have a mistake in him' . But it is looking to me now that Alex has got beyond that and may well be the next one (after Josh Key) to attract bids. Views?
It's amazing what playing regular games and gaining experience can do for a player. Much like waiting ten games to see the shape of a season unfolding, sometimes waiting for a player to play a good number of games, around fifty (preferably with a good run in the side), can give a clearer view. It's Ok to have doubts about a player but I remember some writing off of Hartridge early last season.

Alex has certainly been eye catching so far this season and with Sweenz and George Ray with Cammy in goal, we look decent back there in the main. Remembering that being L2 there is always going to be the odd off day.