• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can certainly see a lot of those similarities (and also remember watching Peter Hatch play for Taunton Town in the twilight of his career) although I don’t recall him ever sporting a man bun!
The bun really needs to go.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
And for you crowd watchers there were 17668 in attendance that night (including a 19 yr old me)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with all this... but didn't Peter Hatch play at left back wearing number 3?
Signed from Oxford as a left back, but had moved into the centre by the mid-70s, partnering Jimmy Giles, then Bobby Saxton later on. Class player, Peter.

Colesman Ballz

The bun really needs to go.
Hints of a little jealousy there Al ? :cool:

Alistair20000

Hints of a little jealousy there Al ? :cool:
Au contraire Mr Ballz.

Men with buns and pony tails enrage me and I have no wish to sport one of those despite having the full head of hair to do so. If you sport one of the offending hair arrangements no offence intended to you like. :)

Randell Williams was always at risk of me doing this

1675347210300.png

Colesman Ballz

Au contraire Mr Ballz.

Men with buns and pony tails enrage me and I have no wish to sport one of those despite having the full head of hair to do so. If you sport one of the offending hair arrangements no offence intended to you like. :)

Randell Williams was always at risk of me doing this

View attachment 10920
I envy your full head of hair, which or course gives you a much wider range of options than mere buns or pony tails. You could even stun us all by rocking up to SJP sporting a "mohican" should you feel the urge ! :cool:

Alistair20000

I envy your full head of hair, which or course gives you a much wider range of options than mere buns or pony tails. You could even stun us all by rocking up to SJP sporting a "mohican" should you feel the urge ! :cool:
I have been tempted to try the Mohican and really p!ssed off my children once by saying I was going to the Test match with a Mo. I chickened out :(

More likely if we do a fancy dress day I will rock up in my Ming The Merciless costume that I wore at the County Ground for the Derby T20 QF last year. Matey who sits next to me is always in fancy dress so I decided to give him some competition.

Would be better if I were bald for that one mind. :) The baldy skull cap is the one weakness.

Signed from Oxford as a left back, but had moved into the centre by the mid-70s, partnering Jimmy Giles, then Bobby Saxton later on. Class player, Peter.
One of the best players we have had at SJP,his first touch was total class !

Grecian2K

3m:10 for Hatchy's throw, however I would suggest watching it all to see the then soon to be mighty Chris Waddle humbled
Don't forget Hatchy's corner either (1m 50s).!!! (y)
(IIRC many years later a very similar event occurred from the same spot v the "mighty" Liverpool! :ROFLMAO:)

andrew p long

Back to Alex Hartridge. Interesting that over on the 2023 summer transfer thread nobody has yet predicted that Alex will go for big money this summer. As Alex is under contract until 2024,it would have to be big money...

I suspect that some of the big league one clubs will be having a look...