• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Fisher is the new signing (to Newport)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amended for factuals
Apart from Woody hitting long balls to Wheeler.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apart from Woody hitting long balls to Wheeler.
I was worried Wheeler might get concussion, so often was this tactic deployed....

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was worried Wheeler might get concussion, so often was this tactic deployed....
Wheeler tended to flick the ball on rather than meeting it full force with his forehead. Not sure if that's better or worse for the long term, but presumably less of an immediate concussion risk.

Grecianpasty

Ben's movement and positioning in the build-up to the first goal was spot-on and if the defender hadn't intervened there is every chance we'd be talking about what a well-taken poacher's goal Ben had scored.
That also looked like a handball from their player. Added to that, he would have scored off Williams cross had the defender not done so for him.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

ryancooper327

Wouldn't have minded him here on a 1 year deal. Pretty quick for a tall guy and seemed liked in the dressing room. Had double the goals per game (0.49) than Amond too (0.25)...........

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good luck to him always liked him just didn't seem to have the killer instinct, nice guy and who can forget that goal against Southend.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't have minded him here on a 1 year deal. Pretty quick for a tall guy and seemed liked in the dressing room. Had double the goals per game (0.49) than Amond too (0.25)...........
Jeeez. He’s a top bloke and worked hard but let’s face it, he was never going to be a regular scorer plus he seemed to pick up number of injuries whilst here. And Amond has a far far better goal scoring record over his career.

Pobbop

He'll play as many matches for them as us I guess, good luck to him, wasn't the worse, but Amond such an upgrade.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He'll play as many matches for them as us I guess, good luck to him, wasn't the worse, but Amond such an upgrade.
Maybe Fisher will prove most of us wrong and outscore Amond this season but it certainly feels like a strange bit of business by Newport and that we’ve got much the better player.