• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Fisher is the new signing (to Newport)

Pobbop

Maybe Fisher will prove most of us wrong and outscore Amond this season but it certainly feels like a strange bit of business by Newport and that we’ve got much the better player.
They have brought in two strikers, so clearly they wanted a back up, and Amond probably wasn't happy with not starting, they've started well it has to be said. Seem to just want to play Timmy Abraham up-front, a bit of an Exiled Grecians look to their side though.

ExmouthMart

“I’m a big guy and like to put myself around, I pride myself on my work rate and you’ll always get 100 per cent from me. I like to think when the chances come around, I’ll put the ball in the net.”
- Alex Fisher (apparently).

Grecianpasty

“I’m a big guy and like to put myself around, I pride myself on my work rate and you’ll always get 100 per cent from me. I like to think when the chances come around, I’ll put the ball in the net.”
- Alex Fisher (apparently).
Fisher was an ultimate pro for ECFC. Yes he wasn't the best striker in the world but he absolutely gave 100% for the club. Had he not started in the home play off game versus Colchester we may not have got to Wembley.

He's not deluded. He knows his worth and I wish him all the best at Newport.

ExmouthMart

Fisher was an ultimate pro for ECFC. Yes he wasn't the best striker in the world but he absolutely gave 100% for the club. Had he not started in the home play off game versus Colchester we may not have got to Wembley.

He's not deluded. He knows his worth and I wish him all the best at Newport.
I always liked Fisher and don’t think he got a chance at Exeter. Good luck to him at Newport.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe Fisher will prove most of us wrong and outscore Amond this season but it certainly feels like a strange bit of business by Newport and that we’ve got much the better player.
though not as strange as deciding that, come what may, Fisher and Ajose would not be selected ahead of Seymour throughout last season. Whilst it was clear Bowman would be first choice, I was baffled by the lack of opportunities given to Fisher when Bowman looked out on his feet (almost as baffled as Fisher himself seemed to be in an interview after one very rare appearance) Fisher might have done better given some more opportunities, even just 25 minutes a few more times.

ExmouthMart

“At the start of the season we made it clear to Alex that he was behind the likes of Ben Seymour, so he fell down the pecking order. He contributed at times but those moments weren’t enough and didn’t quite get that consistency in his game.
“He can finish on his day and he’s the kind of player you’d want the ball to drop to in the box, but sadly that wasn’t quite enough for us over the two year period.”
The benchmark for poor Alex. As it’s turned out obviously the right decision……….

Grecian Max

Fisher - Conference standard player

ecfc2000

Fisher - Conference standard player
I think you could argue that most of our current players are conference standard.

Grecian2K

Came on as a 66th minute sub yesterday.

Personally would still have kept Fisher over Seymour any day of the week! If Alex is "Conf" what is Ben? Western League at best?

Grecian Max

Came on as a 66th minute sub yesterday.

Personally would still have kept Fisher over Seymour any day of the week! If Alex is "Conf" what is Ben? Western League at best?
Exactly that. Fisher is miles better Seymour. We started Seymour yesterday. It’s a disaster.