• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Albums and movies you have purchased....

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know it has a cult following, I just thought it was a 'Number Two'...

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Steve Jobs biographical drama film directed by Danny Boyle and written by Aaron Sorkin.

was given it as a present because im a Jobs fanboy but refuse to watch it as its *****...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I still haven't watched "Fire in Babylon", for shame.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Picked up Twin Town in the Hospice shop the other day still a good film .

Banksy

You really should watch Band of Brothers GJW. Superb production , brilliantly acted , and all true.

Banksy

I think a lot of us do it .I had the Battlestar Galactica box set for ten years before I finally got round to watching it. And on a whim I buy something from Amazon which waits around for years sometimes , for example I recently bought the box sets of the sci-fis Firefly and Time Tunnel which have sat there for more than three months .It’s not helped by the fact you can pick them up for pennies second hand plus a quid or so postage.Or that the local charity shop is selling off dvds for 10p each! I console myself by passing most of them on to charity when I eventually watch them.

Alistair20000

Once was enough as far as The Prisoner was concerned...
Cult series in 1967/8 Swanny. Not your bag ?

Swanaldo

IIRC Channel 4 used to re-run loads of old sci-fi shows on a Sunday afternoon. The Time Tunnel, Lost in Space etc. That must have been when I watched The Prisoner, more or less every episode in order. Despite the location, a decent lead actor and those scary beach balls, it never really got going plot wise. I can only assume they ran out of money/ideas towards the end...

Alistair20000

IIRC Channel 4 used to re-run loads of old sci-fi shows on a Sunday afternoon. The Time Tunnel, Lost in Space etc. That must have been when I watched The Prisoner, more or less every episode in order. Despite the location, a decent lead actor and those scary beach balls, it never really got going plot wise. I can only assume they ran out of money/ideas towards the end...
The ending was most definitely worthy of a trip to the Feckin' Dire thread.

iscalad

The ending was most definitely worthy of a trip to the Feckin' Dire thread.
ITV pulled the plug and the ending was hurried and TBH didn't make a lot of sense.