• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ajose

Average Joe

Surely the fans of ALL clubs effectively help pay the wages ? :unsure:
You do know we're a trust ran club yeah? :)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As City fans this whole situation with Ajose is a shared frustration for us all. It is certainly an asterix on MT's managerial credibility.
I would have thought the fact he was managing the team who have scored comfortably the most in League 2 would contribute more to his managerial credibility.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Actually we aren't ! We are a Trust owned Club, FFS get it right for once "Prof" ! :p

IndoMike

Yes. That's why we gave you the boot. 😉

Red Bill

I think your timelines are a bit out Bill. Aaron Martin got left out for 2/3 of the season because Dara O'Shea was a better player and combined well with Moxey at centre back in a back four. Tom Parkes joined last season where Aaron was consistently picked in the middle of a three, Sweeney, Parkes or Moxey alongside.

Matt's probably learning a lot and learning quickly about forming a squad. It comes down to putting the best team on the pitch in a structure that works. Ajose's chance bypassed him last season when he was missing injured and we started to play one up front and Lee Martin. If it changes back to two up front then he has a chance (if selected). Matt strikes me as too pragmatic to let personal things get in the way of the team.
Well i'll be jiggered, you're right. I'd have put money on Parkes and Martin joining at the same time, thank god I'm not a betting man! However I don't really agree with you about the reason for Martin losing his place, and there was plenty of discussion about it on these boards at the time and many, me included, were mystified by his exclusion from the team. As I said the idea that its to do with MT reacting to criticism is pure speculation on my part and may have no basis in reality.
Matt"s doing a decent job in his first go at management and in many ways he's a breath of fresh air after the previous incumbents peculiarities, but its important IMO to view him realistically. Praise where praise is due and criticism where criticism is due, there's nothing wrong with speculation that he has faults, part of what soured the relationship between fans and manager last time, was the blind worship of him by some sections of the fans and refusal to accept any criticism of him, I think we should be watchful that this doesn't happen this time. He will get some things wrong, we all do and this may include how he deals with certain situations, this doesn't mean he isn't overall a good manager, he's learning fast but we need to be mindful that he is still learning!

Red Bill

A "trust 'RUN' club" Grammar Paul!!!!!;)

iscalad

A "trust 'RUN' club" Grammar Paul!!!!!;)
Still wrong though.

IndoMike

Well i'll be jiggered, you're right. I'd have put money on Parkes and Martin joining at the same time, thank god I'm not a betting man! However I don't really agree with you about the reason for Martin losing his place, and there was plenty of discussion about it on these boards at the time and many, me included, were mystified by his exclusion from the team. As I said the idea that its to do with MT reacting to criticism is pure speculation on my part and may have no basis in reality.
Matt"s doing a decent job in his first go at management and in many ways he's a breath of fresh air after the previous incumbents pec
uliarities, but its important IMO to view him realistically. Praise where praise is due and criticism where criticism is due, there's nothing wrong with speculation that he has faults, part of what soured the relationship between fans and manager last time, was the blind worship of him by some sections of the fans and refusal to accept any criticism of him, I think we should be watchful that this doesn't happen this time. He will get some things wrong, we all do and this may include how he deals with certain situations, this doesn't mean he isn't overall a good manager, he's learning fast but we need to be mindful that he is still learning!
Manager criticises players sometimes.
Fans criticise the manager sometimes.
It's football

grecIAN Harris

Matt"s doing a decent job in his first go at management and in many ways he's a breath of fresh air after the previous incumbents peculiarities, but its important IMO to view him realistically. Praise where praise is due and criticism where criticism is due, there's nothing wrong with speculation that he has faults, part of what soured the relationship between fans and manager last time, was the blind worship of him by some sections of the fans and refusal to accept any criticism of him, I think we should be watchful that this doesn't happen this time. He will get some things wrong, we all do and this may include how he deals with certain situations, this doesn't mean he isn't overall a good manager, he's learning fast but we need to be mindful that he is still learning!
Part of Aaron Martin's exclusion from the side the season before last was because for a bloke who is 6'5, he was pretty poor in dealing with a long ball in the air at him. He'd either be wearing divers boots and not get off the deck at all or be caught underneath it. When we went to three at the back, you'd find him in the middle with the lads either side of him picking up and him sweeping up the knock downs. thus making him look far better than he was the previous season when he had to engage in the ariel battle. As Matt wants to play with four at the back Martin was never going to last long.

Red Bill

Part of Aaron Martin's exclusion from the side the season before last was because for a bloke who is 6'5, he was pretty poor in dealing with a long ball in the air at him. He'd either be wearing divers boots and not get off the deck at all or be caught underneath it. When we went to three at the back, you'd find him in the middle with the lads either side of him picking up and him sweeping up the knock downs. thus making him look far better than he was the previous season when he had to engage in the ariel battle. As Matt wants to play with four at the back Martin was never going to last long.
Personally I didn't see it that way, but hey its all just opinion on here so we'll have to agree to disagree on this!