• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ajose

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Strongly disagree with this in terms of pitch time (obvs training me and you can't comment). He has got his head down and worked hard in tinpot trophy games, pretty much the only chance he has got.
Football's about opinions, innit? I've watched every minute of every game this season (albeit only on iFollow) and the times I've seen Ajose he's done alright, but he doesn't sprint enough, particularly when out of possession. He runs around a bit and certainly has passed the ball pretty well, but for someone with a bit of pace he hasn't shown it enough for me. I've said on a few occasions after the games he's played in that I can understand why KMT doesn't fancy him much. If we get to see him again, watch how frequently (or infrequently) he sprints. Unless you're going to play like Matt Le Tissier when you get the ball, what Ajose does isn't enough.

andrew p long

Matt Taylor came out all guns blazing post match on Saturday singling out Bowman (and Sparkes), the next game neither Fisher and Ajose make the squad, it doesn't really stack up. I doubt Bowman is too concerned about his place when Seymour is the only striker sitting on the bench.

The team selection tonight makes Taylor's comments on Saturday seem pretty pointless.
I think MT sometimes regrets post match comments spoken in anger. Last night he was the epitome of chilled amiability - in such stark contrast to Saturday.

andrew p long

after Ajose's very first appearance for ECFC Sea Grecian pointed out that Ajose didn't seem to fit into the system being used/best suited to our squad (basically one up front alone) Sea Grecian wasn't alone - TPC made the same point and Indo Mike agreed with SG.

T'would of course be different if Harris was City manager and we played 4-4-2. But he isn't and if some City fans could see the issue after one game ....?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

after Ajose's very first appearance for ECFC Sea Grecian pointed out that Ajose didn't seem to fit into the system being used/best suited to our squad (basically one up front alone) Sea Grecian wasn't alone - TPC made the same point and Indo Mike agreed with SG.

T'would of course be different if Harris was City manager and we played 4-4-2. But he isn't and if some City fans could see the issue after one game ....?
Thanks for the name-check. However, before we get too carried away with the idea that I am some sort of tactical genius it should be pointed out that in the post in question I suggested our players were best suited to a 4-5-1 formation which was subdequently abandoned about half a game later as we moved to three at the back for most of the rest of last season.

CraigECFC

Football's about opinions, innit? I've watched every minute of every game this season (albeit only on iFollow) and the times I've seen Ajose he's done alright, but he doesn't sprint enough, particularly when out of possession. He runs around a bit and certainly has passed the ball pretty well, but for someone with a bit of pace he hasn't shown it enough for me. I've said on a few occasions after the games he's played in that I can understand why KMT doesn't fancy him much. If we get to see him again, watch how frequently (or infrequently) he sprints. Unless you're going to play like Matt Le Tissier when you get the ball, what Ajose does isn't enough.
I really like what I’ve seen with him and MJ together though. Both clearly technically gifted and seem to do well playing off each other. Better than Bowman and MJ in my opinion and gives us a different dimension, which we need. Saying that he does get frustrated easily and stops running which is something Bowman definitely doesn’t do. Difficult one but I just feel we are very one dimensional at the moment and when Joel isn’t firing we really lack anyone for MJ to play off. Law does it but past it in terms of fitness levels and being able to put in long consistent shifts. Seymour runs but isn’t technically great and doesn’t have the hold up play of bowman. Fisher is like for like with Bowman being a target man just not as good. Fact is MT does not see Ajose as a long term option so won’t play him. We also can’t afford another striker on the books unless we offload a couple so we either need to offload 2 and get 2 in or use what we have and maybe give Cox a go. nothing really to lose in terms or trying different options as it isn’t great currently.

tonykellowfan

I've said this before, but when I have seen Ajose play he seems way ahead of some of the other players and they simply do not pick up on what he is doing and chances go begging. I'm not surprised he is frustrated.

Grecianpasty

It's been quite often said that a player doesn't fit into our system, which is true for some players, but in Ajoses case I just don't think he's good enough.

I would rather Seymour in our squad who isn't good enough yet, than an Ajose who's best years are behind him.

Grecian Max

It's been quite often said that a player doesn't fit into our system, which is true for some players, but in Ajoses case I just don't think he's good enough.

I would rather Seymour in our squad who isn't good enough yet, than an Ajose who's best years are behind him.
LOL Seymour will never be good enough and Ajose is only 29.

tonykellowfan

This is the attitude I just cannot understand. Do you know how many league goals Seymour as scored? I'll tell you - it's zero.

Ajose is 1 in 3 for the games he has started. He needs a decent run in the team. He wasn't even on the bench for Tuesday, we need goals so MT brings on Seymour. How many times did Seymour even touch the ball on Tuesday?

Grecianpasty

This is the attitude I just cannot understand. Do you know how many league goals Seymour as scored? I'll tell you - it's zero.

Ajose is 1 in 3 for the games he has started. He needs a decent run in the team. He wasn't even on the bench for Tuesday, we need goals so MT brings on Seymour. How many times did Seymour even touch the ball on Tuesday?
I clearly said that Seymour isn't good enough... Yet. He may never be good enough as Max has alluded to. MT and the coaches see these guys on a day to day basis, so for him to not even put Ajose on the bench says it all for me.

I don't rate Ajose, there's nothing that will convince me to say he warrants a spot on the team sheet. If he was on the wage that Seymour was on then I'd have some sympathy for the bloke, but as he very clearly isn't and is also 8 years Seymours senior, then I can see why MT is choosing to stick with Seymour out of all the carp options we have.