• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ajose

Ex-ciderrr

Nor Fisher surprisingly.... you look at the subs bench tonight and other than Law there isn’t really any goals there at all.

seymour much as I hate to say it isn’t up to it and I find it hard to see him, playing and scoring regularly even at conference level in all honesty. Sooner he’s binned off the better. VNS or Southern League player at best. he may have to take a step back to take two forward kind of thing and he maybe some kind of success at those levels of football being small and nippy, but it’s painful seeing him try to do it for us in league 2

on the fence like someone else mentioned with Ajose. We saw a nice partnership with MJ jan/feb last season with those two linking up and playing particularly well they complimented each other so well, recall the skill and flick from Ajose for MJ a goal vs Stevenage in the EFL trophy, just a glimpse of those two playing together and their capabilities was great to see. Thrashing of Oldham they both impressed too. But he’s not had a run of games to judge and quite clearly now we aren’t gonna see him have a run to judge. So one of those we will never know on I think.

not overly confident tonight after that shit show Saturday but UTC none the less, Prove me wrong.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any proof Taylor and Ajose fell out ?

What if Ajose has other health issues that no no one wishes to go public about ?

Just asking like.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s simple for me, Taylor likes players that work hard. Since he’s been with us, ajose hasn’t worked hard.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

Perhaps the non-selection of Ajose and Fisher suggests that either/both might be on their way? MT has talked about players leaving to get more game time. This might just mean loans, but it might free up a decent wage to bring a striker in.

andrew p long

Perhaps the non-selection of Ajose and Fisher suggests that either/both might be on their way? MT has talked about players leaving to get more game time. This might just mean loans, but it might free up a decent wage to bring a striker in.
Wins the prize for the most optimistic post of 2021 so far...

Grecian Max

It’s simple for me, Taylor likes players that work hard. Since he’s been with us, ajose hasn’t worked hard.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
Strongly disagree with this in terms of pitch time (obvs training me and you can't comment). He has got his head down and worked hard in tinpot trophy games, pretty much the only chance he has got.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor came out all guns blazing post match on Saturday singling out Bowman (and Sparkes), the next game neither Fisher and Ajose make the squad, it doesn't really stack up. I doubt Bowman is too concerned about his place when Seymour is the only striker sitting on the bench.

The team selection tonight makes Taylor's comments on Saturday seem pretty pointless.

Ex-ciderrr

Matt Taylor came out all guns blazing post match on Saturday singling out Bowman (and Sparkes), the next game neither Fisher and Ajose make the squad, it doesn't really stack up. I doubt Bowman is too concerned about his place when Seymour is the only striker sitting on the bench.

The team selection tonight makes Taylor's comments on Saturday seem pretty pointless.
couldnt agree more!

IndoMike

couldnt agree more!
We can only assume that
a Taylor's criticisms were used as a "motivational" tactic and/or
b. He thinks there is no better alternative than Bowman.

tonykellowfan

I gather that there is no attitude problem and Taylor gets on fine with him. He is just not selecting him. Presumably because of the way MT wants us to play or because he feels others are better options in those positions, or a combination of the two.
If this is true why isn't he even on the bench and coming on as a sub? How many times does Seymour have to play before MT thinks that Ajose is a better option?