• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ajose

InMyBlood

It hasn't worked out and in my opinion a lot of that has been down to Taylor, not Ajose.
I think since Eric Kinder left the quality of our signings has gone down. He left in the summer of 2019 but presume he must have had involvement with those summer signings with the keepers - Ward and Maxted. Before then we had Nicky Law, Jonathon Forte, Tristan Abrahams, Ryan Bowman

Topsham Boy

There’s no doubt Taylor’s signings have been very hit and miss. Ajose and Fisher hardly ever play. Maxted and McCardle not great. Atangana doesn’t play consistently which is a loss in my view.
On the other hand, Page, Ward, Caprice all look decent, plus Law and Williams ( when interested) of course.
Matt’s post match interviews are a bit repetitive .....either the boys have put in a shift and he’s pleased or he’s disappointed with the lack of effort and is going to make some changes.

My biggest criticism would be the regular chopping and changing of the team.
Matt needs to decide our best starting 11, and stick with it....look at how nobody is really sure of our best defensive line up for example. A consistent team selection will over time deliver consistent results.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
My biggest criticism would be the regular chopping and changing of the team.
Matt needs to decide our best starting 11, and stick with it....look at how nobody is really sure of our best defensive line up for example. A consistent team selection will over time deliver consistent results.
Until Key's enforced absence required moving Sweeney to right back against FGR, Taylor had chosen exactly the same starting XI for the previous 5 league games in a row.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Journalists can ask any questions that they want. "Should" Matt answer them? Not if he doesn't want to. Why should he? I wouldn't.
😅 what?

tonykellowfan

Fisher has not looked up to L2 standard and needs to go as does Seymour. The times I have seen Ajose play he has actually looked decent. I'm not surprised if he is peed off when he sees Seymour being on the bench and played ahead of him.

Ajose is a second striker who can play off the front man (Bowman). He needs time on the pitch and we have enough games coming up before the end of the season for him to still be important. If Jay or Law gets injured then I hope to god we don't start games with Seymour up front and at least give Ajose some starts.

dontpassback

Think Taylor must be in denial on this one.
Isn’t that a river in Egypt ?

Trapdoor

Unless he starts scoring goals whenever he gets game time he will be out of here at the end of the season.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think since Eric Kinder left the quality of our signings has gone down. He left in the summer of 2019 but presume he must have had involvement with those summer signings with the keepers - Ward and Maxted. Before then we had Nicky Law, Jonathon Forte, Tristan Abrahams, Ryan Bowman
Where have you been living in 2020, the moon?

Given the limitations Caprice and Page are excellent additions

Langer

Unless he starts scoring goals whenever he gets game time he will be out of here at the end of the season.
Very good 👏🏾 he going to have go on hell of run to be offered fresh terms.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No manager answers every question with complete honesty because they can't always reveal the truth, and sometimes it might be personal.

Journo - Matt, please explain why Ajose has never had a proper run of games to show his worth?

MT - Because in training I told him he needed to up his work rate as he's a lazy sod and he called me a c u next Tuesday and stormed out the ground and then didn't show at training for 3 days.

Journo - thanks for your honesty I understand now.