• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ajose

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could Ajose do a job in midfield

Grecian Max

Frankly i'm fed up hearing about Ajose. He's done nothing since he arrived and he ain't doing nothing before he leaves, so just forget it for christ's sake.
MT finally spoke about it, unbelievable people would discuss it isn't it :rolleyes:

AlphaDevil2

Things may have changed, but, as I recall, in the past the creators of FM used to advertise for [well-informed] supporters of lower-division clubs to help them out with this data.

I guess at most clubs information such as contract-length and, to a lesser extent, who the most highly thought of youngsters are is in the public domain, hence FM gets a lot of this stuff right.

However, at a club such as Exeter, which keeps contract details very much to itself, I struggle to see how the data can be much more than the same sort of best guess we might have on here.
You are very much spot on with this! FM (or as it was CM) advertise on their forums and usually supporters forums to get their researchers.

ExmouthMart

Someone who I think arrived about the same time as Ajose was Noah Smerdon..... is he still on the books?! and if he is what was the thinking behind that signing?!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone who I think arrived about the same time as Ajose was Noah Smerdon..... is he still on the books?! and if he is what was the thinking behind that signing?!
Forgot about Smerdon. Think his contact is up in the summer so expect we’ll never see him with Sparkes and Page ahead of him.

ExmouthMart

Forgot about Smerdon. Think his contact is up in the summer so expect we’ll never see him with Sparkes and Page ahead of him.
Yes I think it’s June this year..... but why sign him?! Has he not progressed or can he only train on certain pitches?! This seems to be an example of signing potential that comes to nothing.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes I think it’s June this year..... but why sign him?! Has he not progressed or can he only train on certain pitches?! This seems to be an example of signing potential that comes to nothing.
Probably hasn’t progressed as much. Think he’s don’t ok on loan at Tivvy but you’d want him to be a stand out player for them to give MT a nudge and select him.

andrew p long

I have responded re Noah on the Noah Smerdon thread, rather than this Ajose thread (any chance of shifting the posts here to the Smerdon thread?)

ExmouthMart

I have responded re Noah on the Noah Smerdon thread, rather than this Ajose thread (any chance of shifting the posts here to the Smerdon thread?)
Sorry my thought! It was just the comparison between them both signing long contracts and us not really getting a return.

Grecian Max

Makes interesting watching now