• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adverts

Early Bath

How come the " across the page adverts" has now slipped down to below the opening line of the forums, if you get what I mean. It used to be right at the top, where it didn't bother me, now it does because I have to look harder to find the "forum" link.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sorry. We're having 'issues' at the moment including a severe drop in income. I'm hoping that Google Adsense will get their act together soon and everything can be as it was.

Early Bath

OK, thanks Hants for the quick response.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There is an additional problem that the ad at the top has been chopped on the right-hand side according to Google. That's put is in breach of their T&Cs, so I'd swapped for a smaller ad, which is now only shown to guest users.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've also blocked the dating ads. Sorry to all those single guys and gals! I'm hoping that had helped to reduce the problems with maladvertising.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've also blocked the dating ads. Sorry to all those single guys and gals! I'm hoping that had helped to reduce the problems with maladvertising.
Brilliant :)

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a ballache, keep clicking on the ad when trying to click on the sub forum.

iscalad

It's a ballache, keep clicking on the ad when trying to click on the sub forum.
Interesting comment. Care to elaborate? :)

iscalad

Ads are back. useless as always

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Shucks, I was hoping no one would notice.

For logged in users, it's just one small one at the top of the page. For non logged in users, I've shuffled one of the adverts to the bottom of the page.

While the number of users viewing had not dropped significantly,, the revenue from adverts has. I'm not sure if the change from 10 posts to a page 20 has meant less adverts are viewed.