• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to 'Ignore' Mods

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to 'Ignore'

No idea but one factor is that there are far fewer posters on here these days than in past times.
There is a lot of competition from Twitter and Facebook, among other things. Although Exeweb posters can be a bit confrontational sometimes I still rate it as the best of the "Thinking Man's"
outlet for expressing thoughts and ideas re City and general topics. Also, comparing it to many other FC websites I honestly think the design and discussion is the best (awaits cheque in post from Sir Lez)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to 'Ignore'

Actually the "ignore" function is a bit silly, since even if you have someone on "ignore" the post is still there and I bet 99% of posters still take a peek to see what the ignoree has written.
I would either get rid of "ignore" or have a permanent "delete a poster" . I know many are not reading this cos they have me on "ignore", so stop peeking. ;)
The trouble with putting someone on "ignore" is that other posters insist on quoting him! :)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member

There is a lot of competition from Twitter and Facebook, among other things. Although Exeweb posters can be a bit confrontational sometimes I still rate it as the best of the "Thinking Man's"
outlet for expressing thoughts and ideas re City and general topics. Also, comparing it to many other FC websites I honestly think the design and discussion is the best (awaits cheque in post from Sir Lez)
Did you ever get that cheque?

IndoMike

Did you ever get that cheque?

Yes. Thank you. The 50p came in very handy.
(Awaits slightly bigger cheque next time around).
Stay healthy, Lez.

IM.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
There is a lot of competition from Twitter ...
Quite like twitter. (y)

IndoMike

Quite like twitter. (y)
It's clearly very popular, as are several SM.
But not my cup.of tea, nor is Instagram.
I afraid I'm very old-fashioned and FB is as far as I can go.