• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

City_Gee_jnr

Thank you to Adam for bringing us so much happiness. After Mackie left City I thought we were going to really struggle, but Adam stepped up to the mark and we never looked back. Players that really care are very hard to come by. Best wishes to his family.

barry sansom

RIP Stanno, our thoughts are with your family. Thanks for becoming a big part of our ECFC History for which you will never be forgotten. :(

InTheBigBank

Resigned
One of football's most honest and hardest working players. You loved every minute you played and we loved every minute we watched you. RIP Stanno, you're a City legend.

gecko2

Sorry to here about Adam Stansfield passing away. Us Hull City supporters send out condolences to the family and the supporters of Exeter.

ECFCHUNTY

good night stanno, i think he is the only player i have ever seen who actually did give 110%.

my thought go out to his young family..

RIP stanno

A38Green

Differences aside now, making the account for this reason only. As fun as the banter between the clubs, I put that aside now and would like to send my deepest condolences. Terrible loss to football and sounded like a true gent and will be sorely missed.
Once again, sorry for the loss to your club.
Thought goes out to friends and family.

From the lot down the road,
Plymouth Argyle

Enjoy the season ahead and look forward to seeing you lot coming down in December for a cracking atmosphere and a good game.

tavigreek

Goodbye Stanno, i shed a tear or two today and il be along on Thursday to give my respect.

Your gift to football was spectacular and has made the last few years of watching exeter nothing short of spectacular.

you were a perfect team player and we will never forget you.

I am proud that i have been able to watch you and regret never having the opportunity to meet you, from what has been said you were a perfect gentlemen off and on the pitch.

Well done Adam, it is an injustice that you have been taken from us but thank god you were with us to start with. we will never forget you.

jmgull

....Such dreadful news, he was a player we all respected and admired - a proper pro.

A terrible disease.......i'm sure Toddy will be devestated and will be hugging his wife and child that little bit tighter tonight.

RIP.

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's been a strange day for me.

From hearing the news last night I was devastated and went to sleep with a heavy heart, but in the morning I felt ok and constantly reminded myself of all my favourite Stanno moments. I decided to take the day off work (self-employed (sort of), you see) and went up to the Park and lay some flowers where it really hit me. Holding back the tears, reading the messages was too much for me to take and I thought I better leave before I started bawling like a child. Signed the book on the way out.

I then went into town and got "Stansfield 9" on the back of the black kit which almost set me off again and begrudgingly made my way home to check exeweb all day. Proudly donning the 3rd kit I played a pre-season friendly and even though i'm an unfit, lazy person, when I was knackered I just kept thinking about Stanno and the way he conducted himself.

Once again, Stanno, you are a legend.

Stanno was everything anyone could ever ask as a player. Hard-working, courageous, tireless and honest. The effort and intesity he played with were second to none and it's no wonder why we, the fans, took him to our hearts. If at the start of any game, we could have picked one player to have a blinder of a game, nearly all of us would have chosen Stanno. A player who always played the game the right way and one who always did it with a smile.

My thoughts of course go to his family.
RIP Stanno - A true city legend.