• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

citizen33

Like others, I am shocked and saddened by this news. Adam was a good servant to the club and always gave his all for the cause. The one thing from which I take some solace is that he went out on a high, as a starting striker in a first division club, and with two recent promotions behind him. Tragically his life has been cut short at only 31, but nothing can take those achievements away.

Gin Trap

The picture on front of the echo today brought a tear to my eye

Roberttownblue

Huddersfield Town fan here

My sincere condolences to Adam's family, life is just not fair at times.

RIP Adam

Regards

Ian

Bexster

I have to say, like a few others have said, I am really happy that there's been so much support from other clubs and supporters. It's true that when something tragic like this happens, rivalries go out the window. Just shows how much respect and admiration people in general had for Adam, and how much the type of person and footballer he was transcends everything.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
If at the start of any game, we could have picked one player to have a blinder of a game, nearly all of us would have chosen Stanno.
This is so true.

He was the kind of player that you just desperately wanted to score loads of goals, even though he was more know for his workrate which was second to none.

The biggest thing that sticks out to me is the number of times in both the Conference and as we made our way through League 2, that you'd get into the away end (I mostly do away games), the tannoy would start up with the team lineups, and then you'd hear "oh no, Stanno isn't playing/fit" start spreading across the supporters.

There was no other player in the last few years where this happened every time he was missing.

For me, he was the first name on the teamsheet every time.

A true supporters legend.

(god I'm welling up again.................I can't look at Cheggers pics at the moment even though I want to, as I know I'll just starting bawling again).

Last edited:
Sad news... Never see a man put in more effort, and not inconsiderable skill. He will be missed, but always remembered warmly.....

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Just got back from the park.
Nothing preared me for the walk up those steps this morning
A great great man will be sorely missed by many.
RIP Adam - sleep well love
x

Borat

One in a million!

Newtonpop

Condolence's to Adam's wife, children, family and friend's.

Still can't believe this has happened.

plymuffer

Very sad news,my condolences to his family,and to the exeter city fans.