• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Chicksen

benjisheps

Could see this possibly having some legs as looks like he was at Bradford with Nicky Law and also at Charlton with Nicky Ajose.
Either way it would be nice to get a signing over the line. MT said they thought they were close last Thursday and Friday and then after the game on Saturday again said they were really close.

hoping we haven’t yet again missed out on a target.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, twice, both times in MK Dons colours. First time off the bench in 10/11, then he played the full 90 in 11/12.
Yep those would be the games. (y)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Played only 6 games at our level... All the rest have been higher. 28 years old. Sounds ideal. Hope he's got plenty to offer going forward as this is what we're missing from Sparkes. If he signs that is.

Red Devon

Looking at his stats though, does appear to have had trouble at settling anywhere (apart from MK) for very long.

And, if he really is that good, how come the "infallible" St Paul of Tisdale never snapped him up for the hometown club? Surely he'd have gone there for peanuts?

Maybe because they have had Dean Lewington playing Left Back at MK Dons and he’s been there like...forever!

i8cornwall

Apparently in Keith hills plans for the future at Bolton but think the embargo has killed off him being resigned.

Looked good when he played for Bolton but not sure you can really judge a player in our squad with everything that has gone on. Say a 6 month punt on him would be good for city.

Red Devon

Have heard of him but know nothing about him, I’d rather this profile of player be signed at this time year for the position he plays rather than an inexperienced Championship loanee’s who seem to take longer to settle in and make an impact.

benjisheps

Have heard of him but know nothing about him, I’d rather this profile of player be signed at this time year for the position he plays rather than an inexperienced Championship loanee’s who seem to take longer to settle in and make an impact.
Wouldn’t disagree with this although MT was quoted that he wanted someone dynamic and in some ways similar to Williams on the other side. Not sure if this is quite what he was talking about although he does look solid and has been playing games in League one!

I fear that whoever we were really close to signing last week has gone some where else but hopefully that’s not the case.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn’t disagree with this although MT was quoted that he wanted someone dynamic and in some ways similar to Williams on the other side. Not sure if this is quite what he was talking about although he does look solid and has been playing games in League one!

I fear that whoever we were really close to signing last week has gone some where else but hopefully that’s not the case.
He might want that, but at the end or the day, what we get will be dictated by what's available and you have to be a bit flexible. Eg a more solid player who you know is the right quality might be better than a 'dynamic' player who youre not sure will be at the right level. Its a balancing act between having a plan and finding the players to enact it and seeing the players available and turning them into a winning team. Anyone who's more defensive though would have to be very good to justify their wages with Woodman already here.

Corey

Both an Orient and a Bradford fan I have spoken to say he was one of the worst players they’ve seen...

Gareth

I feel I’ve seen some of our best and worst players at left back. Could he be the next Friend :love: or O’Brien :cry:, Golbourne:love: or Jones (the return):cry:.