• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley Vs Exeter City L1 Match Day Thread

dontpassback

Accy under Coleman are no mugs,so a clean sheet and a point away at their place is a good point,UTC

Cowshed Grecian

We’ve W2 D2 L2 from our first 6 league games and scored F9 A5.
That’s perfectly acceptable so far in my book.
Plus 2 of our 3 home matches have been resounding victories, so apart from the Cheltenham blip, where we certainly weren’t outplayed, our early home form has been good.
If you throw in cup games (and forget about penalties) we’ve scored F7 A0 in 2 away ties.
The only proviso I’d say is that our early season fixtures don’t look like our hardest ones this season, on paper anyway.
True, you could say we haven’t played are hardest games yet. However I don’t think we’ve hit full throttle yet..and like you say we’ve just a few blips. I’m quite confident we are going to above mid table.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definitely take 8 points and ninth place at the moment. Yes we have trickier games ahead but often that brings out the better in us.
Still time for those extra signings too.....

Cowshed Grecian

Definitely take 8 points and ninth place at the moment. Yes we have trickier games ahead but often that brings out the better in us.
Still time for those extra signings too.....
Yep as everyone has alluded too, when Nombe gets injured we are in trouble. I only want us to sign one striker and keep bringing Cox through not loan him.

JW57++

Yep as everyone has alluded too, when Nombe gets injured we are in trouble. I only want us to sign one striker and keep bringing Cox through not loan him.
I agree. Strikers thrive on confidence and so we need to show confidence in Cox to show that we value him.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

robchave

One of the worst games I’ve watched in a long time. There was zero quality from either side. Could’ve played another 90 and don’t think there would’ve been a goal in that game. Good point though.

Harper was probably the only positive. Looked a lot more lively than anyone else and won a lot of balls.
Strange how different people see things differently. I thought that was an absorbing game between two teams, who both played well defensively, but both had different styles. They were very physical and long-ball whereas we tried to play more through the midfield with a passing game. However neither team had that touch of quality, or stroke of luck, to make the difference.
Both teams could have won it, but neither team 'deserved' to win it. A point was a fair result.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interview with the Accrington Stanley boss

denzel

Interview with the Accrington Stanley boss

Apparently we had a game plan. Well thats a relief.

Red Devon

Sounded like Stubbsy getting back to near his best.