• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley Vs Exeter City L1 Match Day Thread

Cowshed Grecian

To be fair I don’t think we can moan about the first 6 games…hope we pick up some home form and start scoring some goals and we will be fine.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't want to worry you but MK have just won 4-0 away from home.
Thats fine, they will be complacent

Red Devon

Pleased with that not an easy place to pickup points 👍

TotnesGrecian

SkyBet reckons we didnt have a single shot on target? that right?

EDIT: nevermind, just seen previous comments that also say 0 shots on target today....

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
SkyBet reckons we didnt have a single shot on target? that right?

EDIT: nevermind, just seen previous comments that also say 0 shots on target today....
Sam Nombe had a header cleared off the line in the first half. I'd also like to see the incident right at the end of the normal time when Sam appeared to be dragged down in the box. The commentators didn't seem to think it was a penalty but it looked it should have been to me.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sam Nombe had a header cleared off the line in the first half. I'd also like to see the incident right at the end of the normal time when Sam appeared to be dragged down in the box. The commentators didn't seem to think it was a penalty but it looked it should have been to me.
Defo Pen IMHO but referee gave every challenge against Sam Nombe !

Banksy

That's clearly a concern but sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition for defending well. In the second half of last season this was the sort of game we would have won with a scrappy goal but Accrington weren't going to let that happen.
We’re not doing too bad , currently highest placed of the four sides promoted up last season and with the best, ( and the only positive) GD.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Accrington Comm team very biased but their youth development coach did admit that they aspire to model their academy on ours !
UTC

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Defo Pen IMHO but referee gave every challenge against Sam Nombe !
And the two league games he reffed against us season he gave a penalty to the opposition, one of which was very questionable. At least he didn't send one of our players off this time.

Bridgy 81

To be fair I don’t think we can moan about the first 6 games…hope we pick up some home form and start scoring some goals and we will be fine.
We’ve W2 D2 L2 from our first 6 league games and scored F9 A5.
That’s perfectly acceptable so far in my book.
Plus 2 of our 3 home matches have been resounding victories, so apart from the Cheltenham blip, where we certainly weren’t outplayed, our early home form has been good.
If you throw in cup games (and forget about penalties) we’ve scored F7 A0 in 2 away ties.
The only proviso I’d say is that our early season fixtures don’t look like our hardest ones this season, on paper anyway.