• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley Saturday 27 August 22 Pre Match Thread

AndrewP

A word of praise for Wayne Carlisle, has stepped into doing the media bits this week in the light of Matts happy news (and quite right Matt is with his wife and new baby). Thought Wayne was articulate, honest and affable in both the post Gillingham interview and the prematch for this. I'm guessing not something he'd do by choice. We're in safe hands if Matt is there tomorrow, or indeed if he isn't.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Play Dieng only if Sweeney injured.

Blackman

Key Kite/Sweeney Stubbs/Diabate Hartridge Sparkes/Caprice

Collins Harper Dieng/Kite

Brown Nombe

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Tough one to call, our overall record against them is W8 L5 D1 since our league return. My last visit there was the 4-2 thrashing (I think the 2 flattered us as we were already 4 down) I am travelling more in hope than expectation but you never know with City. 2-1 Stanley.

DJG.ECFC

1-2 win for us with a late winner from super sammy nombe

andrew p long

As others have said,difficult to select the team; especially with injury/fatigue issues for some players.

If everybody is fit and 100% then I'd go for the first choice early season line up.

Blackman
Sweeney Diabate Hartridge
Key Kite Dieng Collins Sparkes
Brown Nombe

Subs
Brown Stubbs Grounds Caprice Harper Coley Jay

Subs on 60 minutes of MJ Harper and Caprice

Lose the game 3-1 after conceding 2 goals late on

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Accy Stanley currently unbeaten with 1 win and 3 draws, pretty profligate defence made up for by the strike force scoring 8 and conceding 7, with our early season form (barring the last two matches) could be a goalfest, but probably end up to be only the second draw between the clubs.

Team if everybody is fit(Sweeney may not have recovered from his ankle injury so perm 2 from 3 for 2 of the centrebaks.

Blackman
Sweeney/Diabete/Stubbs Hartridge
Key Kite Harper Collins Sparkes
Brown Nombe

Subs
Brown Caprice Grounds Jay Coley Dieng Central Defender

Hopefully will be an exciting match, and in view of my previous poor projections I've given up on predicting, I'll leave that to David Earl but hoping for the three points and for Bolton to at least draw their match

Grecian2K

This could be going Close To The Edge.
But hopefully City will be Going For The One.
And if we win I'll be fairly close to The Gates Of Delirium!!!

PS: I suspect you might need to be an equally obsessive Yes fan to understand the above.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seb Stockbridge is the referee!

Jason's preview

(I hate LNER wi-fi, this has taken an age to post!)

Grecianpasty

The midfield combo will be an interesting one.

Are we saying that it's either Dieng or Harper? The two sound like very similar players.

And does Jay sit near the back of the line?

JW57++

Recent history indicates that Accrington and City matches do not end up as draws. Both sides have scored about 2 goals per game so far this season. All the signs point to a 0-0 score line tomorrow.