• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley home - Discussion & Prediction Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The new backdrop is very plush, although I do miss Matt Taylor's tiny office with it's whiteboard. Anyone want to have a go at working out what all the shirts are - most of them are presumably City ones but there were are a few random colours in there that didn't look like City shirts.

Andy_H

The new backdrop is very plush, although I do miss Matt Taylor's tiny office with it's whiteboard. Anyone want to have a go at working out what all the shirts are - most of them are presumably City ones but there were are a few random colours in there that didn't look like City shirts.
It was filmed in the CFC Museum Room at SJP and, the shirts are a rack of past ECFC shirts they have in there.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interview with Archie

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

David Treharne

Not carrying the preview on in any way, I recollect that when we played Accrington Stanley away in our first season in the Conference, I was cornered by Eric Whalley, their then Chairman who gave me 40 minutes, hot sweet and at considerable volume about the disgust he felt at Exeter City not going into liquidation after the events of 2003-2003, and how he had been part of the group that had taken them out of the League in 1962. He wanted to know why we hadn't, and I tried to explain about the nature of the Trust, and he left me with the words 'It'll never work'. Quite apart from being shell shocked I was also led away by a less august figure who gave me an Accrington Stanley T shirt I shall be wearing tomorrow. Ah, such nostalgia....meanwhile back to tomorrow.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not carrying the preview on in any way, I recollect that when we played Accrington Stanley away in our first season in the Conference, I was cornered by Eric Whalley, their then Chairman who gave me 40 minutes, hot sweet and at considerable volume about the disgust he felt at Exeter City not going into liquidation after the events of 2003-2003, and how he had been part of the group that had taken them out of the League in 1962. He wanted to know why we hadn't, and I tried to explain about the nature of the Trust, and he left me with the words 'It'll never work'. Quite apart from being shell shocked I was also led away by a less august figure who gave me an Accrington Stanley T shirt I shall be wearing tomorrow. Ah, such nostalgia....meanwhile back to tomorrow.
Better watch out David - if you're seen in an Accers shirt in the Doble Stand tomorrow you risk being moved by the stewards !
UTC

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Better watch out David - if you're seen in an Accers shirt in the Doble Stand tomorrow you risk being moved by the stewards !
UTC
Nah

The good Doctor will give them a bash with his trusty barometer and see the off

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think GC has missed the point about the fan engagement index there.

tom_ecfc

I think GC has missed the point about the fan engagement index there.
I thought the same. We’ll let him off as he did have a busy day.