• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Aaron Davies - Nominated for Player of the Month

Bittners a Legend

Well done Arron.

Not convinced by him as a right wing back but a couple of great goals in October and his cross for Coles goal on Saturday was excellent.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fair play to the lad, had a lot of stick but does a job. Isn't my preferred type of winger but by all accoutns he has improved a lot this season.

I remember being excited when he joined, due to his pedigree, maybe he'll fulfill that now.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, fair play to him. He was so poor last year IMO from an attacking perspective that I was gutted when I heard he had a 2 year deal. Like Jay, I was pleased he signed for us as he used to be a fantastic player at Yeovil so, considering he's was only 27 when he signed, I'd hoped he could re-discover some of that form.

This season, from the word go, he's been much improved. I don't know whether he's been encouraged to play a more 'attacking' role this season but he certainly does seem to get forward more and has scored a couple of belters. Indeed, he was unlucky not to score vs QPR and Dagenham too with long range strikes that hit the woodwork.

Long may his good form continue.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon Arron Davies would have been a better shout for this award.

Sorry. ;)

FAN-TATIC

Fair play to the lad, had a lot of stick but does a job. Isn't my preferred type of winger but by all accoutns he has improved a lot this season.

I remember being excited when he joined, due to his pedigree, maybe he'll fulfill that now.
I have always thought that he could play. Was given a boring job of supporting Woodman down the left side last season and it didn't do him any favours. He has been playing a much more attacking role this season and he looks like he is enjoying his game more. He has time on the ball, passes and crosses it well too.

I don't think he will get the award, but all credit to him in getting nominated.

iscalad

Well done Arron.

Not convinced by him as a right wing back but a couple of great goals in October and his cross for Coles goal on Saturday was excellent.
Plays mostly on the left, does he not?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plays mostly on the left, does he not?
Depends on the game. Away from home he's sometimes used as a right wing back in a 3-5-2

iscalad

Depends on the game. Away from home he's sometimes used as a right wing back in a 3-5-2
Either way, it's good to see City players getting some recognition.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed it is.(y)

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was in the first half against Pompey, and didn't look comfortable at all. As others have said, he's vastly improved this season in his new attacking role, but he's no Steve Tully!