• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Aamir Daniels and Joe O'Connor out on loan

The deluder

I can't see any of them doing it by hypothetically I can't see it.

When Argyle are home Parkway attendance drops quite significantly, it's still what they get but you can see the difference compared to when Argyle are away from home.

Tavi and Truro average around 150ish for comparison where as parkway easily get 300 and above most weeks.

Anyway that's side tracked the thread.

Tavi are home next Wednesday as well against our under 18's I think.
Doesn’t help Truro’s support that they play in Plymouth though.

i8cornwall

No but there loss has been Falmouth's gain.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Slightly closer than playing in Torquay ! The moral of the story is don't sell your ground until you have a new one ready to move into.
The dream of course is for both Truro and Parkway to do really well leaving Argiggle as the third best team in the "village" ! :p

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Joe O'Connor scored for Tavistock in last night's friendly against Saltash.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Both loans now ended, Daniels ages ago, O'Connor now.

It seems that for both they weren't getting sufficient game time to justify the move. As 17 year olds on a first loan, that's unsurprising. But it shows how far most of the U18 group iare from City's first team when they can't nail down a regular spot in an 8th tier club.

However, as was rightly said about Alfie Pond, nearly every first loan to men's football is challenging/a failure. So it will have been good experience of what's needed and there will be future opportunities elsewhere (or possibly back at Tavi, as they expressed a hope Joe might be back later in the season)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The moral of the story is don't sell your ground until you have a new one ready to move into.
Something about glass houses, stones, and Beazer Homes...

Simba3011

Boyo

I note that Exmouth are now is the same league as both Bideford and Tavistock, who both seem to be regular destinations for our youngsters. I wonder if we'll see players appearing for Exmouth in the not too distant future?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Joe O'Connor has rejoined Tavistock on loan.