• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A parade

Boyo

Thanks for proving my point on the meltdown front!

The meeting was in the past and wasn't anything I've not posted on here before. Basically the meeting mainly centered around making younger get fans feel's included, giving them a voice, events, membership schemes etc etc etc etc. The idea was that if more younger fans had that then they would be less likely to then behave poorly at games because clearly long term bans isn't working nor actually really worries them as all there missing is home game's but if they where missing out on more things then it would have a bigger impact. I'm not saying there is a large problem of this at city as there isn't but pyrotechnics comes under that umbrella hence why I brought it up.

like I said I've heard nothing back from the Club or Trust andanyway I've filled my free time with other things that aren't Exeter city related now. It's what it is, only so many hours in the day for myself and those at the club and trust.
I'm not sure that highlighting actual injuries/medical issues that people have sustained as a result of pyrotechnics would be classed by most as a "meltdown", but I guess we all have differing thresholds for things.

I inferred that you had discussed pyrotechnics specifically with the club, but I now see it was a more general meeting.

i8cornwall

I'm not sure that highlighting actual injuries/medical issues that people have sustained as a result of pyrotechnics would be classed by most as a "meltdown", but I guess we all have differing thresholds for things.

I inferred that you had discussed pyrotechnics specifically with the club, but I now see it was a more general meeting.
It wasnt a meeting solely centered around pyrotechnics use, sorry to disappoint you but I'd probably have refused to have attended a meeting solely about them if I was asked.

lamrobhero

Perhaps the Club could set of its own pyrotechnics for example when a goal is scored. I understand that in American Football Tampa Bay Buccaneers set off a cannon from a pirate ship when there is a touchdown.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps the Club could set of its own pyrotechnics for example when a goal is scored. I understand that in American Football Tampa Bay Buccaneers set off a cannon from a pirate ship when there is a touchdown.
And we could perhaps play the end of the 1812 Overture over the tannoy as an accompaniment?? :unsure:

i8cornwall

And we could perhaps play the end of the 1812 Overture over the tannoy as an accompaniment?? :unsure:
By far my favourite of all the Overture's Pete!

ExmouthMart

Thanks for proving my point on the meltdown front!

The meeting was in the past and wasn't anything I've not posted on here before. Basically the meeting mainly centered around making younger get fans feel's included, giving them a voice, events, membership schemes etc etc etc etc. The idea was that if more younger fans had that then they would be less likely to then behave poorly at games because clearly long term bans isn't working nor actually really worries them as all there missing is home game's but if they where missing out on more things then it would have a bigger impact. I'm not saying there is a large problem of this at city as there isn't but pyrotechnics comes under that umbrella hence why I brought it up.

like I said I've heard nothing back from the Club or Trust andanyway I've filled my free time with other things that aren't Exeter city related now. It's what it is, only so many hours in the day for myself and those at the club and trust.
I don’t understand this disenchanted youth thing you go on about. Young or old it’s all about supporting the team. If that doesn’t keep your interest maybe you should look elsewhere.
If your not really bothered about being banned or missing Home games, maybe that’s the sort of people we can do without at the football club. If you want all that Ultra stuff maybe Spain or Italy would be more appropriate. If you want to be recognised as a worthy part of the Club don’t alienate the rest of us with actions that are banned for good reason. If you want to start a campaign to bring back the chicken and the turkey you have my full support. Good wholesome entertainment……..

i8cornwall

I don’t understand this disenchanted youth thing you go on about. Young or old it’s all about supporting the team. If that doesn’t keep your interest maybe you should look elsewhere.
If your not really bothered about being banned or missing Home games, maybe that’s the sort of people we can do without at the football club. If you want all that Ultra stuff maybe Spain or Italy would be more appropriate. If you want to be recognised as a worthy part of the Club don’t alienate the rest of us with actions that are banned for good reason. If you want to start a campaign to bring back the chicken and the turkey you have my full support. Good wholesome entertainment……..
I've found other things to do with my spare time now that aren't city, I literally said that in the above post, to be honest I don't really care what the club thinks of myself and the ship for me wanting to work towards being a "worthy part of the club" sailed long ago, through no fault of my own nor the club's.

Personally Ive never done anything wrong nor been threatened with a ban, I was saying younger fans don't really care if there banned or not. For two reasons 1) There young and everything that goes with it (young people do stupid stuff, I know I did to a greater or lesser extent when I was there age) and 2) they now see it happening most weeks at clubs up and down the country and just jump on the band waggon.

If you believe that brings you down and the rest of our fan base then fair enough but have you ever asked yourself what the club does for these supporters, because we just seem to go through the same cycle of: pyro gets set off, statements against these actions, someone gets banned and repeat"

The ultras movement in Spain is pretty much dead but cheers for the advice.... I think.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you need me, I'm there! :giggle:

CityTillIDie

If you want all that Ultra stuff maybe Spain or Italy would be more appropriate.
You mean every other country in the world… ? Don’t know why anyone wouldn’t want fanatical support like the rest of the world has, it’s sad what’s happened to supporter culture in this country. Each to their own I guess.

older-codger

You mean every other country in the world… ? Don’t know why anyone wouldn’t want fanatical support like the rest of the world has, it’s sad what’s happened to supporter culture in this country. Each to their own I guess.
Unfortunately I have been unable to watch City live this season, or be at the parade. I have however spent over 70 years supporting the club and have seen many videos and matches on iFollow etc., and seen thousands of fanatical supporters who have not been taking risks with health and safety as part of their support. To suggest that fanatical support has to be accompanied by such is ludicrous.