• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A new keeper joins (Jonny Maxted)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree Ian, he's certainly lost weight. It cant hurt when he's toying with the possibility of going down at a forwards feet in a proper manner!
Didn't you say that was Ward's problem, Pete?

PeteUSA

Didn't you say that was Ward's problem, Pete?

Neither of them is much cop coming off of their line, but Ward edges it in all other departments. Hopefully he'll have got back to the mindset he possessed when he first arrived when we resume.

IndoMike

Neither of them is much cop coming off of their line, but Ward edges it in all other departments. Hopefully he'll have got back to the mindset he possessed when he first arrived when we resume.
I feel Ward is the more solid keeper and he has the height advantage. Maybe Maxted is more athletic and more likely to make the spectacular save.
Do we have a goalkeeping coach? After Gwinnett left I forget who took over.
Still, to have a choice between Ward and Maxted is not bad at all.
Glad to hear you're all right, Pete. We seldom hear from you these days.

PeteUSA

Hello Mike, Tis worrying times here, with all manner of problems going from bad to worse. It'll be good for all of to get to some football back this watch, albeit under wierd circumstances. Any covid problems in Krakatoa West of Java?

IndoMike

Hello Mike, Tis worrying times here, with all manner of problems going from bad to worse. It'll be good for all of to get to some football back this watch, albeit under wierd circumstances. Any covid problems in Krakatoa West of Java?
Well of course I've been following the news Pete and America seems to be a pretty screwed up place at the moment.

According to official figures about 2000 people have died in Indonesia including around 600 people in Jakarta. I'd take that with a small pinch of salt and reckon it's around 4000 total.

You know this is a (moderate) Muslim country : Muslims must be buried the same day that they die : i.e seldom intensive post mortems. Also very little testing.

We've been on lockdown for 3 months : it's being greatly relaxed this week. I go out once or twice a week for food shopping suitably attired and don't feel concerned at all.

There's always been a theory that countries with high temperatures somehow are less impacted by these corona viruses.. I don't go along with that, but the numbers of corona deaths in South-East Asia have been relatively very low.
Anyway, glad to hear you're ok

Hati hati.
Mike

PeteUSA

Nice overview Mike, take care mate.

budegrecian

I feel Ward is the more solid keeper and he has the height advantage. Maybe Maxted is more athletic and more likely to make the spectacular save.
Do we have a goalkeeping coach? After Gwinnett left I forget who took over.
Still, to have a choice between Ward and Maxted is not bad at all.
Chris Weale took over when Mel Gwinnett left, but Steve Hale replaced him at the beginning of this season.

IndoMike

Chris Weale took over when Mel Gwinnett left, but Steve Hale replaced him at the beginning of this season.
Thanks.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dislocated his knee in training. That explains why we had a youngster on the bench last night.

jimmy

Out of contract Paul Jones anyone?

Coming down for his third spell?

Only 34. Was last with Millwall. Knows the club. Free agent. May take a 3 month contract?