• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A new Exeweb

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
EDIT FACILTY

Still no consistency. Sometimes I edit and the post notes the edit. Sometimes it does not.

Consistency please ref.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EDIT FACILTY

Still no consistency. Sometimes I edit and the post notes the edit. Sometimes it does not.

Consistency please ref.
It's set to record after 3 minutes.

Alistair20000

It's set to record after 3 minutes.
Sorry Hants I do not understand.

Sometimes I edit and the post is immediately noted "edited a moment ago" changing to x minutes ago etc as time passes. Sometimes an edit is not shown as having being made at all.

New point: can we go back to the old arrangement where an edit is impossible after 5 minutes ?

Swanaldo

Thank you for your invaluable input.

No problem 🌵

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Sorry Hants I do not understand.

Sometimes I edit and the post is immediately noted "edited a moment ago" changing to x minutes ago etc as time passes. Sometimes an edit is not shown as having being made at all.

New point: can we go back to the old arrangement where an edit is impossible after 5 minutes ?
Yes we can Al. I'll take a look.

Temporarily Exiled

Noooooooooooo. Being able to edit beyond the five minute mark is incredibly useful, especially when updating the first post of a transfer thread with new information that may not be revealed in the initial Tweet. As long as it's clear that an edit has been made (and how recently it has been made), that should really be enough.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Right. I "should" have changed this to a 10 minute limit to edit posts. I'd appreciate it if anyone could point out if it isn't working, because I can't see myself (as my moderator super powers allow me to edit all things at all times, which is extremely difficult to resist on occasion :censored: )

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Noooooooooooo. Being able to edit beyond the five minute mark is incredibly useful, especially when updating the first post of a transfer thread with new information that may not be revealed in the initial Tweet. As long as it's clear that an edit has been made (and how recently it has been made), that should really be enough.
Mods are always able to to this this TE, which is why Hants normally assumed control of the in/out freds.

Swanaldo

Is there an option to make 'Sticky Posts' eternally editable, while leaving normal posts subject to editing time limits...?

Red Devon

Anyway of showing what members are online in each forum like on the old EW, I know users show up on the main forums page but it was always good to know who was about on each individual page??