• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

89/90 Season

budegrecian

I'm really enjoying the series of 'look back' articles & player profiles of the all conquering 89/90 side, being put out daily on the official site. Great to recall the games & players from that season for those of us that remember it. If you weren't around at the time it's equally well worth catching up on what was greatest ever season.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Terry Cooper's Red and White Army!!
We're so good it's unbelievable!!

Sung for twenty minutes straight.

les.gtfc

Great season.

The season after was pretty good too. :)

Ian Tarr

I hope Paul Eshelby will be given his correct name......

I presume you kept the vast majority of your squad in tact Les. While we dismantled ours like a fire sale.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I presume you kept the vast majority of your squad in tact Les. While we dismantled ours like a fire sale.
Yep, thanks terry. 30% commission wasn’t it?

les.gtfc

We did, it was practically the same squad that won the 2 promotions.

The season after was rather unique if I remember correct as 3 of the 4 teams promoted the previous season were promoted again. Southend and Cambridge were the other 2 teams I think.

Red Devon

The season after was rather unique if I remember correct as 3 of the 4 teams promoted the previous season were promoted again. Southend and Cambridge were the other 2 teams I think.
Strange that the previous years Champions weren’t one of them.

Red Devon

Cambridge were promoted via the playoffs.

les.gtfc

Cambridge were promoted via the playoffs.
They were still one of the 4 teams promoted from Division 4 though weren't they, and they actually won the Division 3 title the following season.