• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

80 points

Terryhall

Out of interest I did some digging back - in the 2008/2009 promotion season we finished 2nd place with 79 points. You have to go all the way back to the title winning season of 1989/1990 to find the last time we secured 80 points or more in a season.

Whatever the outcome in the playoffs I think the team (and manager) deserve a huge amount of credit.

If Tisdale does decide not to sign the (hopefully fair) contract that has been offered to him, at least he leaves us in a better place than he found us which is more than many football managers get to say.

So now hope we can take some momentum from Colchester into the playoff matches and get to Wembley again (with a better outcome this time please!)

#GreciansAsOne

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We accomplished this despite being decimated by injuries all season long. It has been quite an achievement but there's still a job to be done.

#GreciansAsOne

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
A great achievement and hats off (LLL)

Red Monster

Come on where is everyone 80 points second highest tally in our history,and 15 home wins . [G]

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
yeah its an unbelievable season. very unfortunate that we havent gone up automatically - most years we would have been safe with games to play.

lets prove we deserve to be in L1. UTC!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well done Tis, Matt Taylor, Mel Gwinnett, Matt Oakley and the players on achieving this total. Shame we just missed out on the autos.

Odd then, that I've not really enjoyed the season. Maybe I'll cheer up if we get to L1!

geoffwp

Well done Tis, Matt Taylor, Mel Gwinnett, Matt Oakley and the players on achieving this total. Shame we just missed out on the autos.

Odd then, that I've not really enjoyed the season. Maybe I'll cheer up if we get to L1!
But maybe you won't Hants. Good thread Terry and spot on with the observations. 15 home wins is great form particularly as mentioned with injuries to key players. I don't think we should fear any of the teams in the play offs. Wembley number 4 approaches. Time to balance the books.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

I have felt similarly. Nothing wrong with a bit of honesty.

We will all enjoy it if we go up I'm sure, well done to all involved for the points tally and a home record to be very happy about.

Grecian2K

Add to that, not just the successive injury "crises" but the fact that we lost two of last season's key players Ollie and Wheels (or even 3 if you include Reuben) - albeit for a good financial return - and I'd suggest the final return just over the 46 games exceeded pre-season expectations.
(Of course, snapping up Jayden for a snip more than helped paper over the cracks left - especially if you consider that the just prize money earned by his goals in FA Cup rounds 1 & 2 probably virtually covered the rumoured fee. Maybe one of the best bits of business that those behind City have ever done??)

Last edited:

IndoMike

Add to that, not just the successive injury "crises" but the fact that we lost two of last season's key players Ollie and Wheels (or even 3 if you include Reuben) - albeit for a good financial return - and I'd suggest the final return just over the 46 games exceeded pre-season expectations.
(Of course, snapping up Jayden for a snip more than helped paper over the cracks left - especially if you consider that the just prize money earned by his goals in FA Cup rounds 1 & 2 probably virtually covered the rumoured fee. Maybe one of the best bits of business that those behind City have ever done??)
And Stacey