• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

6 a side footie?

StixUK

Hey all,

Being relatively new to the Exeter area and having a couple kids I haven't been able to get out and about to 5-a-side footie teams etc.

I was wondering if I could ask for some advice on best place to play and if any teams are available to play for, would prefer in door and something not too intensive to break me in again...

Just need some ideas as to:

1. Where I can play 5-a-side or similar?
2. How do I get into a team?

And anything else you might want to suggest...cheers all help appreciated :)

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: 5 a side footie?

I was thinking about 5 a-side the other day but then realised that I'm fat, lazy and crap at football :D

StixUK

I was thinking about 5 a-side the other day but then realised that I'm fat, lazy and crap at football :D
Well I'm trying to be proactive here...and you can be fat and lazy to play 5-a-side, if anyone is interested in making a team and knows where to play I am more than up for it...any help appreciated.

P.S prefer goalkeeping but will play anywhere and am left-footed if that helps? [england]

flat_cap

Has an Exeweb 5-a-side team been done before? If not, this could be the start of something special...

StixUK

Has an Exeweb 5-a-side team been done before? If not, this could be the start of something special...
Well that is a good point actually and thinking about it we could invade one of the 5-a-side sporting places with Exeweb A, Exeweb B, Exeweb C...etc etc

Would do Exewebbers think???

TOP_CITY_FAN

There is a 6 a-side league every Tuesday up at St James school...

flat_cap

I'm in, although I'm still recovering from a broken leg so I'll stick to the Exeweb 'C' team for now ta!

StixUK

I'm in, although I'm still recovering from a broken leg so I'll stick to the Exeweb 'C' team for now ta!
Yeh I'm unsure about my fitness, sitting at 24 but haven't played since 18...so will be intersting...Can we just have a Exeweb C Team and ignore A and B...will be less expectation then?

StixUK

There is a 6 a-side league every Tuesday up at St James school...
Do you attend this league??

flat_cap

Yeh I'm unsure about my fitness, sitting at 24 but haven't played since 18...so will be intersting...Can we just have a Exeweb C Team and ignore A and B...will be less expectation then?
Great idea! On the bright side, if we then get good, we would lure the oppo into a false sense of security every week... muhaha! :D