• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

35-39-41

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's our home record for the last five seasons from 2011/12 when we were relegated from L1 to the end of last season:

P115 W35 D39 L41

A 30% win record over the last five seasons. 30%. So basically we win less than one in three home games. Not just this season, not just last, but for five straight seasons.

Do the club, and I know you're reading this club officials, genuinely think that is an acceptable figure? I mean really? We hear of no money, despite trousering a fortune from the transfers of Grimes and Nichols, plus the cup matches against Liverpool (twice), Sunderland and Hull, yet we had no money for the previous five seasons when Tisdale took us to Wembley twice, got promoted twice and took us to the heady heights of eighth in L1.

Since then we've enjoyed one win in three at home and despite the propaganda trying to tell us that crowds are holding up, the reality is they're 2k down on what we regularly pulled in L1. But don't think that was due to away followings - in recent seasons we've enjoyed decent turnouts from Portsmouth, Luton, Bristol Rovers and Plymouth amongst other so it's not away fans skewing numbers, we've done that all by ourselves. 2k, at let's say in round numbers £10 a person - that's £20k per game, half a mil a season or at least two mil since that relegation season. And all due to our dreadful home performances and results.

Surely the board aren't stupid? They can't be enjoying seeing crowds dwindle and one inept display on the pitch after another? The manager needs to be told he needs to refocus his priorities and rethink his tactics because despite what he might think they simply don't work and haven't for half a decade.

But it's not just the board, who are obviously too afraid of losing not only the best manager we've ever had but on current form also the worst, too afraid to kick him up the arse and tell him his personal performances are no longer acceptable and too afraid of upsetting him by serving notice on his two year rolling contract, it's also the BOS too.

Too busy worrying about procedure and constitutions, Supporters' bloody Direct directives and making sure the Brazil trip is properly archived and keeping pally with the museum, they've lost sight of who we are and why we're here. Although having said that we're fast heading out of business anyway so perhaps it is important to record our history because in a couple of seasons that's all we'll have left, memories and what ifs.

So BOS, for the first time in your stuttering, bumbling, bimbling history grow a spine and bring the board to book. No more cowering in the corner worrying about the minutes being typed up properly, get off your arses and demand to know what's going on. Then, board, suitably chastised, rather than enjoying the wine in the directors' box with visiting owners, go and tell your manager to pull his bloody finger out and get our fans back, supporting the team, supporting the club and filling the coffers. Finally, Tis, look at the tables. I mean, look at the bloody tables. Three defeats out of three this season, 39 over the previous five seasons. 39. Thirty bloody nine. In what parallel universe would this ever be deemed as acceptable?

Our away form might be fine but that doesn't put bums on seats or bring money into the club. Do you honestly think we'd have the same crowds at home if our record was 0 home wins and 23 away wins rather than 23 home wins and 0 away wins? Thing is, ridiculously, I don't even want Tis gone, I just want him to realise he is, no more no less regardless of the rubbish about being no ordinary football club, a football manager. I don't care about the tea lady or the Cat and Fiddle car park, that's for the club's administrators not the bloody manager. Give us back the football and results of our first five Tisdale years and you can stay here forever, continue as we have for the last five with football merely being an afterthought to the Tisdale show and you can f*** off back to the Cotswolds and commute to Ray Kelvin's boardroom instead of the Cat and Fiddle a couple of times a week.

This club, from top to bottom, needs to have a long hard look at itself and decide whether we actually want to be a professional football club or not, because at the moment we're so far off track it's untrue and us mugs who turn up each week are simply being taken for a ride.

Enough is enough.

TheManFromDelMonte.

He says...................good post Ant. (y)

iscalad

Phew...I usually can't be arsed to read long posts, but as this was from Mr Moxey, I persevered. Excellent summation of how things are.Gets my vote, if you stand.

Why don't you send it to the Trust and see what response you get.

Last edited:

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Great post.

It's so saddening to see such unrest from so many die-hard supporters, but completely understandable given the circumstances. The thing that gets me is that it doesn't bother me missing a home game these days, whereas years ago I would hate it.

The home performances are far from acceptable, your home ground is meant to be a fortress that other teams fear visiting. Right now, SJP is anything but - we just roll out the red carpet for visiting teams and let our bellies get tickled.

As I said in another post, something's got to give.

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well said that man

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Add another 3 defeats on to those stats already this season as well Ant.

In the end of the day we've got the 2nd worse home record (Torquay apart) in the whole of the football league over the last 4 seasons.

No other club would find that acceptable - even Torquay replaced Chris Hargreaves.

ChrisWickens

Excellent post and backed up with accurate statistics rather than blinkered opinions

Grecian2K

Agree. Good post (but you missed out all of the TV money in your "windfall" summary).

sladie

have to say i agree, i dont want Tisdale gone (i think to sack him would put us in admin) and we cant afford to send him on gardening leave either (as we would have to pay another manager aswell)

the club needs to be grabbed by both shoulders and given a good hard shake

Grecian_Matt

The problem I have with the home defeats isn't necessarily the defeats themselves it is the manner of the defeat.

To often I see us playing cautious incredibly boring and predictable football, then we concede a sloppy goal through a defensive error or corner. Often too late in the game to actually do anything about it.

If though we came out went out all guns blazing and went for a home win and you could generally see we had more possession and more than 2 shots on target in 90 minutes and we lost - I would at least go home and think well least we tried.. I really can't remember the last time I walked home and thought we didn't deserve to lose that one and we gave it our absolute all.

The only problem is - Who would replace Tisdale? Would the next manager do as much for the club in the youth department as Tis has done?

Last edited: