• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2019-2020 Achievements of Academy Graduates

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
i've been trying to keep track of all the amazing things our players have been doing. I'm sure the pedants out there will let me know if I've got anything wrong or missed anything out

• Ethan Ampadu - played in the Wales team that qualified for the Euro finals; played in the Bundesliga and the Champions League
  • Ollie Watkins - currently second highest scorer in the Championship
  • Matt Grimes - Swansea club captain
  • George Friend - Middlesbrough club captain
  • Archie Collins - captained Exeter at the age of 20
  • Jack Sparkes - one of only 9 teenagers to play more than 1000 minutes in the Football League this season
  • Jay Stansfield - leading scorer in the Premier under-18's, played and scored in the under-23 league as a 17-year-old; played for England under 18's
  • Ben Chrisene - youngest ever Exeter player; played for England under-16's

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jamie Reid scoring for fun in the National League?

Christy Pym automatic first choice for Peterborough flying high at the top end of League One?

But I will agree if you say these things ( and similarly for Sercombe,Nichols etc) are not amazing in the way your list is.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jamie Reid scoring for fun in the National League?

Christy Pym automatic first choice for Peterborough flying high at the top end of League One?

But I will agree if you say these things ( and similarly for Sercombe,Nichols etc) are not amazing in the way your list is.
Yes, should have added that Jamie Reid is the top scorer in the National League.

PeteUSA

Dont forget the 30 odd years when Mike Radford was responsible for the then known Youth Development System before he was moved 'upstairs' and it was decided that we all of a sudden we had an 'Academy'. I know a lot of players have come through that in more recent times, as per the list, but many more quality players have gone on to greater things from there in Mikes time. i.e. Nicky Marker, Martin Ling, Frank Howarth etc.

andrew p long

Jordan Storey at 22 playing this weekend in the Championship for Preston fighting for a Premiership place (need to be balanced about this as he is now used as cover for the two first choice centre halves)

Dean Moxey captaining Exeter City at the weekend too.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Jay has also captained the first team in this period

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
i've been trying to keep track of all the amazing things our players have been doing. I'm sure the pedants out there will let me know if I've got anything wrong or missed anything out

• Ethan Ampadu - played in the Wales team that qualified for the Euro finals; played in the Bundesliga and the Champions League
  • Jack Sparkes - one of only 9 teenagers to play more than 1000 minutes in the Football League this season
  • Jay Stansfield - leading scorer in the Premier under-18's, played and scored in the under-23 league as a 17-year-old; played for England under 18's
It's only been a month but already several updates can be made to this list
  • George Friend was voted into to the EFL team of the decade
  • Ollie Watkins is now joint top scorer in the Championship
  • Jay Stansfield has made his first-team debut for Fulham at the age of 17
  • Ben Chrisene made his league debut while still 15

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's only been a month but already several updates can be made to this list
  • George Friend was voted into to the EFL team of the decade
  • Ollie Watkins is now joint top scorer in the Championship
  • Jay Stansfield has made his first-team debut for Fulham at the age of 17
  • Ben Chrisene made his league debut while still 15
Joel Randall made his League debut yesterday.

Antony Moxey

Wasn’t Ampadu our youngest ever player, not Chrisene. One you could add is that in the recent cup win over Ipswich we had five Academy graduates on the pitch plus another five on the bench.

And are you talking about home grown talent or just Academy graduates because if it’s the former you’ve missed out an absolute bucket load of talent from over the years.

manc grecian

Chrisene was younger when he made his debut