• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2019/20 kits

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
75th on shirt sales

Bizarre stats, no sales numbers, no confirmation of what is selling Home or Away or even third, is it the total number of shirts sold. Also as Huddersfield have shown bring out a new Home kit and that will bolster sales. One positive on this which surprised me is that it is another league table we are above Argyle.

Dannyred

Ok... So lets just be clear on this

Big brands will only make kit for big teams

What they do is license their brand to manufactures to create a kit

example.. Argyle has puma which is a official brand used under licence by a company called Genesis I believe...

Its not all about branding either, its about actually buying the amount of product needed, contracts of bigger brands would want say 2000 shirts bought for each order, where as Joma would only ask that you by 50-70 shirts at a time.

We are a small club that tries to live within its means.. have to buy high amounts of kit for each order is very foolish when our fan base is under 7000 at best
The Question has to be why are we a small club in a Big City ?

Smaller clubs have deals with big brands, maybe we don’t have the contacts.

House!

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
The Question has to be why are we a small club in a Big City ?

Smaller clubs have deals with big brands, maybe we don’t have the contacts.
Danny has a problem reading, and clearly had an agenda. I'll not waste time pointing him to my previous posts that debunk his rather primitive theory.

Dannyred

Danny has a problem reading, and clearly had an agenda. I'll not waste time pointing him to my previous posts that debunk his rather primitive theory.
No agenda but like many others bored of the same we are a small club excuses.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
You clearly have got an agenda. You're not listening.

I'll repeat to you once more. Hopefully this time it will sink in.

"Big" brands do not pay for kit deals at our level. The clubs take off the shelf designs.

We are a bit more ambitious than that, and do not want a generic "out of the catalogue" kit. We ask, specifically, for bespoke kit. This narrows our choices somewhat.

I have seen a kit proposal for Adidas, and it looked like someone was suffering from intestinal bleeding and puked down the front of it. But hey, at least it was a big brand.

So... A "big" brand was prepared to discuss a bespoke deal with us. Clearly, like you say, we think we are small and don't have the connections.

Sleep well.

Andy Holloway

Unless i'm going to the wrong ground i think that you'll find we are a small club! Or do you go to Etihad/Anfield/Old Trafford etc, etc thinking you're watch ECFC?

Dannyred

Unless i'm going to the wrong ground i think that you'll find we are a small club! Or do you go to Etihad/Anfield/Old Trafford etc, etc thinking you're watch ECFC?
We are a small club in Devon because of the small club attitude of those who have run it.

We only have to look at the ambition of the local rugby club.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
We are a small club in Devon because of the small club attitude of those who have run it.

We only have to look at the ambition of the local rugby club.
You only have to look at the cash of the owner of the local rugby club, and compare it to the cash waved around by their competitors, to see how they could make themselves competitive.

Compare that to us, and you're in dream land.

But I knew that anyway.

How is Jose Maria Marin? You never answered.

GJW

Anyway, any news the third kit release date?