• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2012 For City.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly the response I would expect from you.

Your responsibility is not just to the members that voted for you, it is not even to the members of the Trust as a whole, you are supposed to safeguarding the future of the Club for all its supporters, now and in the future.

The fact that you wouldn't get that was obvious from the instant you could see no issue in the Jay Milling situation.

I really think the Trust is disappearing up its own arse in the persons of the weakest bunch of Trustees we have ever had and the bar wasn't set that high in the first place, which is a shame because since the days of fighting of the fires there has possibly not been a more important time for the BoS to be on it, and we get Bondy, who in his defence doesn't mind showing off his limitations in public, WTF must the rest be like ?
I would throw at you(I pay my subs but im not involved other than that with the trust i wont lie)

If you dont like it then stand for election. Its a democratic process and you have as much right as i do to stand. TO slag them off is harsh imho.

With regards to other posts i agree as a trust we need to build up reserves but this has been the case for alot of years. We need to be in a position where the trust has enough. But atm the economy is difficult for the trust, club etr. Its not easy. I hope the club are taking all this into account and saving money where possible. I wont lie i dont personally know 100% the clubs finances.

But alot of clubs make losses. The only issue is for us tbh is making sure we are not making unsustainable losses and also making sure the trust is filling as much resources into cash reserves as possible.

Early Bath

Arguing? I'm afraid not John, you've simply posted completely irrelevant posts claiming absolutely b*ll*x to get a retaliation, which never actually successfully worked apart from you attempting to butter me up at City to unblock you from Facebook.

"A school drop out" because I'm succeeding in life and not going to 3 lessons a week at college and playing Xbox 150 hours a week.
Anyone know who he's talking about, interesting thread until corrupted by this garbidge

^o)

ECFC traveller

Anyone know who he's talking about, interesting thread until corrupted by this garbidge

^o)
I haven't posted on here in ages and have never done frequently apart from a few times arguing with the reknowed philosopher ECFC Traveller.

One thing I do want to bring up is what as a fan do we expect and desire for 2012? I possibly think it will be the year Tisdale and more of our top players may leave but that could just be me talking apprehensively!
Read more closely please.

Last edited:

PINHOE RED

Strangely enough, I was just about to open a similar thread under the title of 'Adrian's Almanac.' So I might just as well post my thoughts here.

The runes have been cast across combined vertical and horizontal axes. Those that fell to the right of the vertical axis indicate progression in the next year. Need I say that most fell to the left. The horizontal axis is an indicator of the financial stability of the Club. Those falling above the line indicate that all is well. However, again, most fell below the line.

The runes however cannot deal with specifics. Realistic specifics have to be interpreted from clues, and the clues are there for all to see and interpret for themselves. Here therefore are my predictions of what COULD happen in 2012 based on those clues. It doesn’t make for particularly good reading:-

1. The delay in publishing the 2009-2010 accounts surely indicates a poor financial performance in that season. Against a background of high average gates of circa 5,100, the contras of no FA Cup run and the lack of incoming transfer fees weigh heavily. Despite the magnificent effort of Tony Badcock in raising over £100,000 for the Pitch in Campaign, and which was applied to partially reinstating Tisdale’s playing budget, that budget was still £50,000 short because the pitch contract was for £150,000. Bear in mind that previous seasons’ adequate financial results were always achieved against the background of major incoming transfer fees. Therefore, taking all factors into account, I am predicting a loss of £100,000 for the season.

2. Substantial falling gate income this season, combined again with a lack of incoming transfer fees, combined with the lack of another FA Cup run, combined with the additional playing costs of short term loans, combined with (abortive?) redevelopment fees, indicate to me a possible financial loss for the 2011-2012 season in the region of £300,000.

3. Consequently expect the financial results for 2011-2012 to be made available at a very early stage because of the need for the BOS to get to grips with financing that deficit.

4. The BOS will finally realize that it has to take a firmer grip on the tiller. Expect the BOS to actually get to know what is paid by way of directors’ fees, and the more detailed makeup of the sub budgets in order to apply more effective control. However, in order to extract more money from Trust members to help finance that deficit, the BOS will have to give a quid pro quo in publishing much greater detail, such as the level of individual director’s fees.

5. Round about July, expect the Club to finally come to terms with the fact that there actually is an oversupply situation in the student accommodation market in the City, and then accept that no developer would be prepared to engage in a joint venture partnership based on that position. Further, the poor financial record of the 2011-2012 season (showing a technically insolvent balance sheet) would do nothing to enhance the possibility of any such partnership in current trading conditions.

6. I would then expect the redevelopment project to be shelved. Surely if those circumstances applied, then Ed Chorlton would resign as Chairman. (This would then save the Club an annual (£15,000?) non exec director’s fee).

7. Finally, Paul Tisdale would then have to consider his position. Against the background of further cuts to the playing and coaching budgets because of the poor financial position, aggravated by the fact that the possible shelving of the redevelopment project hinders the prospect of Championship football in itself, but also from the lack of off field income generating capacity, would the proximity of the ‘seven year itch’ take its effect?
why stop at point 7?!!!

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Pocky Lips are coming! We're all doomed!
I was standing in the Mayan ruins at Tulum this time last year- I saw them first!

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was standing in the Mayan ruins at Tulum this time last year- I saw them first!
They couldn't make a f*cking wheel what makes you think they could read a f*cking calendar ?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
^ gets my vote for post of the year ... :)

JBK94

"A school drop out" because I'm succeeding in life and not going to 3 lessons a week at college and playing Xbox 150 hours a week.
I wouldn't say you are succeeding but we have been through this. The Xbox thing would be true if I infact own a console. All I have is an iPod touch.