• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJW

You'll know GJW, have Coventry done a retro update of their most famous away kit yet? And is it likely again?

View attachment 3360
Love the Sky Blue version. My first ever replica kit in 1978. I bought a retro version from Toffs. The chocolate brown away strip is awful. Some like it. I always liked the Wales kit though, red version of this kit.
From what I have heard this seasons kit is just Sky blue, no stripes or too much wierd patterns. I would love to see an updated version of the 1978 home kit, but no news of one. Rumour has it that the new away kit is red and black and they are keeping the 2-Tone third kit.

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love the Sky Blue version. My first ever replica kit in 1978. I bought a retro version from Toffs. The chocolate brown away strip is awful. Some like it. I always liked the Wales kit though, red version of this kit.
Just got to hope Coventry board don't get nostalgic when thinking of the new away kit then 🙂

• Sad
Reactions: GJW

Dannyred

Dannyred, New Coventry kit being released next week, just over a week before their first competitive game. Exeter were well ahead of the game in comparison. If we think the moans on here and other social media was bad just remember we are mere amateurs at moaning compared to other Clubs. Coventry fans moaning it’s late and moaning they don’t like it when they haven’t even seen it yet. Professional moaners🧐
I think Coventry City are a complete mess off the pitch, So not surprised.

However our kit is embarrassing.

Who at the club chose it ?

DB9

You'll know GJW, have Coventry done a retro update of their most famous away kit yet? And is it likely again?

View attachment 3360
Wasn't the Wales national team kit like this but red in colour with yellow stripes around that time too?

Rosencrantz

Wasn't the Wales national team kit like this but red in colour with yellow stripes around that time too?
Yep, as GJW said above, it was.

Don't go for the yellow change kit as much though.

Coventry non-choc version..

Coventry have had some interesting ones..

Last edited:

DB9

View attachment 3361

Sorry Rosey, I didn't see that GJW had mentioned it. Those Wales lads really look like a 70's Man at C&A advert!

Rosencrantz

Sorry Rosey, I didn't see that GJW had mentioned it. Those Wales lads really look like a 70's Man at C&A advert!
Good excuse to get the pictures up 👍

Rosencrantz

You can smell the Brut!

The chap on the right didn't get the message to gaze disturbed into the mid-distance 😉

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

DB9

View attachment 3361

Coventry non-choc version..

View attachment 3362

Coventry have had some interesting ones..

View attachment 3363
Coventry had some very camp footballers back in the day! :ROFLMAO:

DB9

The Talbot sponsored kit is awful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.