• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian68

It has arrived! Looks okay, not my favourite by a long way. Look forward to wearing it.
Lucky you

I’ve not even received an email to say mines on their way

Last edited:

ryancooper327

I didn’t even see the black on the sides at first. Not sure that’s needed to be fair. Think it would be better without. And also think it’s a mishmash with the shorts.

ryancooper327

Saying that. Don’t give a monkeys what the shirt looks like if we have a good season.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gotta a pair of the old yellow away Joma shorts 😎they are very comfortable to wear during hot weather like we’ve been having. Like the look of the new home shorts so shall probably invest in a pair😎

GJW

I didn’t even see the black on the sides at first. Not sure that’s needed to be fair. Think it would be better without. And also think it’s a mishmash with the shorts.

View attachment 3304
You are right. It doesn’t go well with the shorts. Are they changing the shorts or using these same ones from last season? The shirt on its own is fine. I suppose they could have had another white stripe under the arms and that would be problem solved. I also hadn’t noticed until I saw your post.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Interesting photos. What's with the black armbands? Mourning for League One?

tea stand

That shirt is awful!!! Who designed it?
totally agree

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Ash

The club, like any other limited company, is owned by its shareholders. The biggest and majority shareholder is ECST, a Trust made up of those supporters of ECFC who wish to paticipate through a minimum commitment of £25 per year, which gives them equal standing with other members regardless of financial input. Our shareholding doesn't give us the autonomy that 75% or 90% shareholding would, but the control it does give makes it possible to act mostly as if we were the sole owners , due to our ability to out vote all other share holders in any general meetings of ECFC.
We the supporters, through membership of the Trust, are owners of the club through our shareholding, (we would still be even if we had a minority holding) we are not the sole owners as there are other shareholders, but we are owners and do have a controlling interest.
Most companies' shareholders are simply that and have no say whatsoever in the running of the club, we however as collectively majority shareholders are able to appoint half the business's board, those members selected by our democratically elected executive. An executive all members can put themselves forward for election to, therefore any supporter could become a club director through this process.
This may not be my ideal of how to organise and empower members due to my own politics, which I recognise as being radical, but it is an perfect example of how representative democracy works and is accepted throughout most of the world.

So go on Chip, tell me why i'm wrong and how we're not the owners of the club!

Sorry for taking the thread off puste everyone, but this nonsense has to be challenged.

Still hate the new shirt though, but then any shirt without red and white stripes over the whole of the front and back while raise my ire!

Sorry for taking the thread
Great post Bill, but I fear it was wasted on Danny. I know it's hard to resist sometimes, but wherever possible, DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

GJW

New shirt arrived today. Looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.