• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Mine's out for delivery! Should be delivered by Yodel today. Dare I go out?

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
So has this new home shirt become the new Tisdale Out?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not for a week! :LOL:

grecIAN Harris

You will never see it. It will be launched over a fence about two miles away from where you live if you're lucky or more likely not have an attempted delivery at all.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
You will never see it. It will be launched over a fence about two miles away from where you live if you're lucky or more likely not have an attempted delivery at all.
This
Hermes is even worse.

Parcelforce, UPS and DHL are the only ones I have faith in.

Grecianpasty

I'd rather it divide people, stripes the same way with a sponsor plonked on a rectangle is boring. I'm a traditionalist, but its such a minimal change the reaction os bonkers 😂
Having thought about it, my disappointment is based around the designs that have been put up on twitter and Instagram. A lot of them I liked a lot and accomadated the carpet right logo well. Although I don't like the shirt, I like that the club aren't scared to try something different. Shows a more forward thinking approach.

Colesman Ballz

This
Hermes is even worse.

The trick with Hermes is to get them to deliver to one of the local convenience stores that they use, you receive a text when it's there and pop in to collect. No waiting around for delivery, or retrieving stuff bunged over the fence, simples !

Rosencrantz

This
Hermes is even worse.

Congratulations, you are now one third in GrecIan's good books 😄

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
This
Hermes is even worse.

As some one who regularly sends out over 250 orders a month, hermes have been pretty reliable for me, during covid I was posting stuff and it was arriving days earlier than Royal Mail!!

Saying that, DPD is far the best, their tracking and end recipient software so that customers can be notified when its a few drops away is fantastic, but they are too dear so make them unprofitable for me..

Yodel.. I wouldn't even send a toothbrush out.. I even pay extra to suppliers not to use them.. pure dogs***

Red Bill

The supporters don’t own the club, They are made to believe they do and some do buy into that belief. Even the club don’t own anything of any real value.
The club, like any other limited company, is owned by its shareholders. The biggest and majority shareholder is ECST, a Trust made up of those supporters of ECFC who wish to paticipate through a minimum commitment of £25 per year, which gives them equal standing with other members regardless of financial input. Our shareholding doesn't give us the autonomy that 75% or 90% shareholding would, but the control it does give makes it possible to act mostly as if we were the sole owners , due to our ability to out vote all other share holders in any general meetings of ECFC.
We the supporters, through membership of the Trust, are owners of the club through our shareholding, (we would still be even if we had a minority holding) we are not the sole owners as there are other shareholders, but we are owners and do have a controlling interest.
Most companies' shareholders are simply that and have no say whatsoever in the running of the club, we however as collectively majority shareholders are able to appoint half the business's board, those members selected by our democratically elected executive. An executive all members can put themselves forward for election to, therefore any supporter could become a club director through this process.
This may not be my ideal of how to organise and empower members due to my own politics, which I recognise as being radical, but it is an perfect example of how representative democracy works and is accepted throughout most of the world.

So go on Chip, tell me why i'm wrong and how we're not the owners of the club!

Sorry for taking the thread off puste everyone, but this nonsense has to be challenged.

Still hate the new shirt though, but then any shirt without red and white stripes over the whole of the front and back while raise my ire!

Sorry for taking the thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.