• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
No disrespect to our Gull friends but how can a non league team secure a deal with Nike?
Pro: Direct.

lamrobhero

Slightly off topic, but should we also be branding the name "Grecians"?
I prefer "Grecians 2000"

GJW

Out of all the Premiership newly released kits my favourite is the Southampton home and away (or third kit?). No red and white stripes this season, just the single diagonal stripe.
We have been brave before. My favourite City top.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Out of all the Premiership newly released kits my favourite is the Southampton home and away (or third kit?). No red and white stripes this season, just the single diagonal stripe.
View attachment 3232
View attachment 3233
I think the Southampton kits look decent and agree with the City white away kit being the best recent effort although I would add this one as being up there.

We obviously have gone away from red and white stripes before as a home kit with plainer red or white shirts but not since the eighties unless you count the 02/3 Ajax like shirt that never seemed to be a popular choice.

I guess it is a case of, how popular would not having red and stripes be, as it doesn't seem to have gone down well before, at least from the eighties when I started going anyway.

Reactions: GJW

Dannyred

View attachment 3232
View attachment 3233
Very much like the Flamengo kit.

Yes I liked that shirt.

GJW

Very much like the Flamengo kit.

Yes I liked that shirt.
Flamengo from 2017. Sweet.

Grecian Max

Exactly its not hard to come up with a classy design. I'm still at a loss at how the yellow and purple kits got passed, genuinely awful. Keep it simple, use traditional club colours (not green before some smart arse says that ;)) find some good angles to sell the kit on.

Rosencrantz

Exactly its not hard to come up with a classy design. I'm still at a loss at how the yellow and purple kits got passed, genuinely awful. Keep it simple, use traditional club colours (not green before some smart arse says that ;)) find some good angles to sell the kit on.
Although they might not be to your (or my) taste Max, they do seem to have sold well though. With three kits on the go though, it shouldn't be too hard to cater for different tastes, one away more classical, one more vibrant/garish delete as appropriate.

Boyo

Does anyone know how long we are in contract with Joma as kit makers? No disrespect to our Gull friends but how can a non league team secure a deal with Nike? I'm not a brand snob and like the designs (especially the black shirt). Just can't help thinking that a more 'well known' brand might sell better in my opinion
Torquay’s kit is a standard Nike shirt that anyone could buy in Sports Direct with their logo stick on. If we want a bespoke design, unique to us, then we have to have a lesser known manufacturer as Nike would never produce something with such a low ‘print’ run.

Personally, I’d prefer a known brand, even if that meant the kit wasn’t unique to us.

JCWhoosh

Torquay’s kit is a standard Nike shirt that anyone could buy in Sports Direct with their logo stick on. If we want a bespoke design, unique to us, then we have to have a lesser known manufacturer as Nike would never produce something with such a low ‘print’ run.

Personally, I’d prefer a known brand, even if that meant the kit wasn’t unique to us.
Thanks. I didn't realise that. I'm sure we have some sort of income from using the Joma brand so it is that vs maybe more shirt sales with a more known brand

Status
Not open for further replies.