• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did we have 4 shirts last season then as the purple was worn on several occasions wasn’t it.
Actually thinking about it I don’t think we did.

GJW

Actually thinking about it I don’t think we did.
I can’t remember us playing in the purple one last season.

Dannyred

Absolutely, if the world hadn't gone mad it would have been all sorted a long time ago! Club has been working as hard as it can behind the scenes with the even more limited resources so we won't get everything right straight away!
How come other clubs have released their kits awhile ago but you add excuses and then I see that two of the shirts will be the same as last season, How many fans will want to buy the same shirt they may already have just because it has a a new sponsors name on it, A name change wouldn’t be worth the £45/£50 Outlay.

We needed a new away shirt to make money, not keep the same kit. Very disappointing.

it needs to be better.

Legohead

Banned
Because we only have a library of shots of players in Flybe kits, and nothing of the new kit, they will be arriving soon and the shoot/video will take place as soon as we can. We also prefer to do things properly not just shove out a generated image of a shirt that doesn't represent the final product.

I'm hoping that this time around you can understand how it's been impacted by Covid-19, the plan was to release a lot sooner but that simply hasn't been possible this time around, your feedback is something that can be looked at next time round though, so thank you!
Forgive me Scott if you think i'm having a pop. I really don't want to come across that way although I can appreciate it does look like that. I accept that there is a lot of work behind the scenes to get things done just as the club wants them to be done which I understand. It's just this drip feeding that I find a bit tiresome if i'm honest. Fans just want to know what the shirt looks like and when they can buy it. It's not the PS5 launch or the new iPhone. It's just the new Exeter shirt.

Just my opinion and i'm not belittling the work that has gone on behind the scenes.

Spoonz Red E

How come other clubs have released their kits awhile ago but you add excuses and then I see that two of the shirts will be the same as last season, How many fans will want to buy the same shirt they may already have just because it has a a new sponsors name on it, A name change wouldn’t be worth the £45/£50 Outlay.

We needed a new away shirt to make money, not keep the same kit. Very disappointing.

it needs to be better.
All our shirts have been on 2 year rotation for several seasons now so we don't fleece the fans for three kits every season.
That's a big outlay for most families.
We have to order stock in bulk runs and the unsold Flybe branded stock has been on sale for a reduced price for the last few months.

For those who want to buy more stuff we have a wider range of scarves, polo shirts, retro shirts, training gear, hoodies, t-shirts etc than we have ever had.

Last edited:

Dannyred

All our shirts have been on 2 year rotation for several seasons now so we don't fleece the fans for three kits every season.
We have to order stock in bulk runs and the unsold Flybe branded stock has been on sale for a reduced price for the last few months.

For those who want to buy more stuff we have a wider range of scarves, polo shirts, retro shirts, training gear, hoodies, t-shirts etc than we have ever had.
We need to be making money each season from new shirt sales not every 2 years

Marketing is not the clubs strong point. Also Something isn’t right about the bulk buy Joma contract. Maybe a change of supplier is needed now.

We cannot rely on Ollie Watkins to keep the club afloat we need to be making money elsewhere.

Spoonz Red E

We need to be making money each season from new shirt sales not every 2 years

Marketing is not the clubs strong point. Also Something isn’t right about the bulk buy Joma contract. Maybe a change of supplier is needed now.

We cannot rely on Ollie Watkins to keep the club afloat we need to be making money elsewhere.
We do make money from shirt sales every year.
A change of supplier is considered every time a new kit is considered and tenders and offerings from other suppliers are compared with what we have.

The club shop has just recorded it's best ever sales figures last season.
There's plenty of branded stuff on sale for those that want it and can afford it.

A few weeks back you were castigating the club for putting season tickets on sale because you said families were faced with financial uncertainty.
Season tickets that, to paraphrase yourself, the club needs to be making money from every season not every two years.
Now you want us to pressure those families into buying twice as many kits.

Your Ollie Watkins comment is just a tangential diversion and actually points to something else this Club is getting right.
Thank you for that.

Grecian68

To me, by changing the sponsor, that makes it a new shirt because last season’s is now out of date.
I will be buying all 3 because I like collecting City shirts, but some can’t afford all 3 with the new sponsor.

Grecian68

A change of supplier is considered every time a new kit is considered and tenders and offerings from other suppliers are compared with what we have.

There's plenty of branded stuff on sale for those that want it and can afford it.

A few weeks back you were castigating the club for putting season tickets on sale because you said families were faced with financial uncertainty.
Season tickets that, to paraphrase yourself, the club needs to be making money from every season not every two years.

Your Ollie Watkins comment is just a tangential diversion and actually points to something else this Club is getting right.
Thank you for that.
Apart from not putting the shirts on sale earlier enough each season, I personally think the club does a good job, the range is just right, anymore you’ll bankrupt me 😉😂

Dannyred

Thank you for that.
Buying a shirt to a season ticket is a big difference.

Do you not feel the shirts should of been out by now with a summer range of T-shirts months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.