• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian68

I’ve seen that our enemy is releasing what their kits will be for next season.

Why don’t City do this? Selling them early would give the club some cash whilst this pandemic is going on.

StudentGrecian

Why don’t City do this? Selling them early would give the club some cash whilst this pandemic is going on.
Imagine it would be tough to arrange large numbers of stock under the current climate, so doubt we will be able to buy for a while yet, but would be nice to see the new strip.

However, we do always seem to be late to the party with our shirt releases in recent years, I remember where they players would should off the new shirt straight after the last game of the season.

To be fair to the club, we haven't finished this season yet :LOL:

GJW

I’m surprised Argyle got it out so quick. We are not alone though. No mention of a new kit at Coventry yet. Most teams are hanging on before they release. I suspect it is not just about the the new kit. With each new season comes all the new merchandise. As well as kits you have the new training gear and casual clothing ranges and other bits and bobs.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster

Retail and office staff are furloughed I think. Probably not worth doing until we have an idea of when 2020-21 will start.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Additionally many fans like their shirts personalised with players names. We are not even able to release a retained list yet, have no idea if the suggested salary cap will apply and are in limbo in so many respects, the whole situation is craziness personified.

Grecian68

All makes sense, because the players were back, I’d presumed everyone had gone back, but that’s not how business works in these crazy times.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Problem it's not just new kit, it's a new sponsor. I'm sure that CarpetRight would like to start with the maximum publicity rather than some awkward socially distanced photo shoot.

If we can get them on sale, perhaps the retail side of things could move in to the Centre Spot for new kit purchases?

ryancooper327

I know we’re only due a new home shirt. But when the time comes for a new away/third I hope it’s like motherwells new away kit.

White body with black/red/white/black stripes would look great. Especially an old school scripted ECFC.

Dannyred

Stevenage have revealed their new home and away kits which go on sale tomorrow, This is a club who don’t know what league they will be playing in yet.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I guess they’ll need to wear a kit even if they’re in the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.