• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't like it either. And what's the back like? Will the numbers and names be clearer than recent years?
This is my main concern, being a bit short sighted, even with my glasses.
Don't dislike what I have seen so far

Ashford Grecian

Yuk not for me sorry no purchase on this

Boyo

My 6 year old loves it! I quite like it too.

Anyone know how to apply the 10% Trust or Junior Grecian discount on the website?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's my thought's as well. It's such a compromise to make the sponsor logo stand out that you might as well just have a plain red front. It would be a call back to our 57/58 kit!

View attachment 3281

Were we any good that season?
57/58 a very decent team George Hunter, Theo Foley, Keith Harvey, Ken Oliver, Arnold Mitchell, Ted Calland, Graham Rees, Johnny Nichols, Gordon Dale and Nelson Stiffle but finished rock bottom with the dubious distinction of being one of the 24 founder members of the new 4th Division.

Following season virtually the same line up and narrowly missed out on promotion to the new 3rd Division. Last game of the season was away to Arthur Rowley’s Shrewsbury Town. The Shrews goals for that season was 101 with Player Manager Rowley, a prolific goal scorer throughout his career but now nearing the end of it, scoring 38 goals.

City needed to win to be promoted but lost 3-0 missing out on promotion by one point although had the last game been against any other team and had they finished on equal points the Shrews would still have gone up having by far the better (in those days I think it was goal average and not goal difference) goal average so as it was we ended up in 5th place one point behind the promoted Shrews.

GJW

Who at the club gave that shirt design the go ahead ?
Why does it matter? I assume you don’t like it and a few others don’t. Well, that is the same every time there is a new shirt release for every Club on this country, every season.
Let the sales figures determine whether it is a success or not. The numbers won’t lie, whether you like it or not.
Itisn’t my personal favourite but it’s ok, different, good enough to wear. If you and I designed a shirt the way we liked it then I’m pretty confident they would not look similar.
There will always be those that like and those that do not. The Club will never please everyone.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I really like it and will definitely be getting one, as will my lad I imagine. I prefer the classic red and white stripes top to bottom but I really like this as something a bit different. Well done to the club.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really like it and will definitely be getting one, as will my lad I imagine. I prefer the classic red and white stripes top to bottom but I really like this as something a bit different. Well done to the club.
Quite. It will take a little getting used to, but I like it. Moreover, if we'd done this in reverse and gone from this shirt, with the sponsor's logo seamlessly integrated, to a shirt with a huge purple patch plonked in the middle of it I've little doubt the same people who are moaning now people would be apoplectic.

Grecianpasty

Why does it matter? I assume you don’t like it and a few others don’t. Well, that is the same every time there is a new shirt release for every Club on this country, every season.
Let the sales figures determine whether it is a success or not. The numbers won’t lie, whether you like it or not.
Itisn’t my personal favourite but it’s ok, different, good enough to wear. If you and I designed a shirt the way we liked it then I’m pretty confident they would not look similar.
There will always be those that like and those that do not. The Club will never please everyone.
It matters because as a consumer I'd like to buy something I'd actually wear. The design is lazy and catered to show the carpet right logo without seemingly any consideration towards the look of the rest of the kit.

I'm very disappointed as I was hoping to buy this year's shirt.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very true as the old saying goes “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time but you cannot please all of the people all of the time”.

i8cornwall

Don’t buy the shirts these days anyway but even if I did it would be a no from me.

each to there own though.

Status
Not open for further replies.