• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

20-21 new shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sign of the chimes

Torquay’s kit is a standard Nike shirt that anyone could buy in Sports Direct with their logo stick on. If we want a bespoke design, unique to us, then we have to have a lesser known manufacturer as Nike would never produce something with such a low ‘print’ run.

Personally, I’d prefer a known brand, even if that meant the kit wasn’t unique to us.
Just to back this up - we're about to go in to our third season with Nike and although the stuff is generally okay, well made and there's a decent range of training-wear, etc. the kit is all just catalogue designs with the badges and sponsor over the top. You can pick up the base of our 2020/21 home shirt for about £12 online, versus the £50 it's being sold for.

We're basically in a deal with a company who have a subcontract with Nike - and I think this is the case with all the lower league clubs who wear their brand. In our case the company also run our club shop and I think we get a flat payment from them rather than a 'per shirt' income. I suspect that may extend to the whole merchandising thing - i.e. we've effectively sold the rights for x years.

I was amazed to see you sometimes use the same shirt for more than a season. I'm not sure there are many clubs in the EFL who don't change their whole range every season these days. It seemed to slowly become the norm a number of years ago. Impressive that you're not fleecing fans like most others.

ryancooper327

I’d really like to go with Hummel if given the chance. They’re making some great kits at the moment.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d really like to go with Hummel if given the chance. They’re making some great kits at the moment.
Got any spitfires?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got any spitfires?
Or more to the point, any Fokkers for that matter ? 😎

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or more to the point, any Fokkers for that matter ? 😎
Stan Boardman rides again.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

OmanGrecian

Sneaky City,

They have added a slogan in this picture on the blue bin.

It says, "there are no new signings in this training group"

InMyBlood

If Joma used their standard red and white stripes it looks fine to mered and white.PNG

Andy_H

Personally i'm not too bothered what the new strip looks like but one thing please, please. Can the visibility and clarity of numbers & names on the back be checked from distance before the style etc is signed off?

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
If Joma used their standard red and white stripes it looks fine to meView attachment 3258
That with a white collar, proper retro!

Status
Not open for further replies.