• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

1st Year Professionals

Number13

Does anyone have an inside track on how our 1st year boys are getting on this year? See they play a lot of the reserve games but how do they do? Is Dan Western playing right back permanently now or was that to let Jake Thomson play right side? I guess they don’t need to play in the 1st team yet but is it worthwhile to have players like Frear, Bennett and Shepherd who have had 2-3 Pro deals but never even look like playing? Also, players who nearly made it (Aaron Doble for one, another lad O’Donnell I think who played England Schoolboys). Where are they now?

Number13

Two lads out on loan now at Bideford.
Are these the two we keep at the end of the year or are they being loaned with a potential for a transfer in the summer

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two lads out on loan now at Bideford.
Are these the two we keep at the end of the year or are they being loaned with a potential for a transfer in the summer
Apparently Tiverton have shown an interest in one, if not both, on permanent deals in January.

Last edited:

ecfc01

Tom Nicholls! watch him clime up the ranks

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone have an inside track on how our 1st year boys are getting on this year? See they play a lot of the reserve games but how do they do? Is Dan Western playing right back permanently now or was that to let Jake Thomson play right side? I guess they don’t need to play in the 1st team yet but is it worthwhile to have players like Frear, Bennett and Shepherd who have had 2-3 Pro deals but never even look like playing? Also, players who nearly made it (Aaron Doble for one, another lad O’Donnell I think who played England Schoolboys). Where are they now?
Mitchell O'Donnell is playing for Barnstaple Town I think

Mitchell O'Donnell is playing for Barnstaple Town I think
Yes he is and working part time for FITC.

Last edited:

edindevon

Aaron Doble is playing for Willand Rovers, he scored for them against Wells City the other day.