• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

16/17 ARGYLE HOME DISPLAY (amongst others): Red Legion needs you!

LeedsGrecian

Sorry to hear that Terry as it wasn't any of the core group that put in all the hard work that let off or threw the pyro. I can assure you no donations were spent on pyro nor would we think of doing that. The new flag and the new banner were example of where funds are going. We have also started an argyle display and are spending the money wisely.

It is a shame that after all the time and hard work we have put in to improve the atmosphere at the ground thatwe would be disregarded by an incident like this.
/
So what youre saying is that the Red Legion 100% had nothing to do with events of last night? :x

Terryhall

Sorry to hear that Terry as it wasn't any of the core group that put in all the hard work that let off or threw the pyro. I can assure you no donations were spent on pyro nor would we think of doing that. The new flag and the new banner were example of where funds are going. We have also started an argyle display and are spending the money wisely.

It is a shame that after all the time and hard work we have put in to improve the atmosphere at the ground thatwe would be disregarded by an incident like this.
I agree, it is a massive shame.

Terryhall

Never see any pyro displays at the footie in Switzerland do we Terry? ;)
None that are paid for by me, and every time you do see them it incurs a CHF 10,000 fine from the SFA for the club involved (without exception)... maybe that's why we ended up getting relegated last season, all of the budget went on fines ;)

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Terry, I respect your decision but from reading his posts I would personally trust max that the money wouldn't go towards pyro.

Terryhall

I would say that's a fair assessment, but as a matter of principle on my part, whilever some element of the RL is throwing pyro about, I won't be donating. It's not an image of the club I want to support, and those at the core of RL (who I agree are doing great work) should be able to cut that element out of their movement.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the understanding that the RL does genuinely not condone the letting off of flares and other pyrotechnics, which as has been said is a criminal offence and can also lead to a long, possibly lifetime, ban from attending football matches, I'm prepared to contribute again.

A formal statement to that effect might be helpful to others who are hesitant?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I will contribute again as well, seems very unfair to punish the whole group, they have added to the match day experience, and the stuff they did for liverpool at home must have taken ages

Terryhall

I have made a contribution today as I agree with the points made that the actions of one idiot, however extreme that idiot might be, should not undermine the good work of many others who are putting in a lot of effort to improve the matchday experience. Keep up the good work to those that are pulling in the right direction.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
RL Statement

Time to move on from Taunton to Blackpool and the B Team Boycott I would suggest!

Terryhall

Well said to both RL and Hants.