• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

‘Her Game Too’ Exeter City v Newport County Matchday Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
You don't have to but if two of us saw it in different parts of the ground. You know I'm prone to calling a keeper out if I think he's c0cked up and Rosie is usually pretty even keel with what he sees.
It definitely dipped. I was right behind it. Dawson just didn’t get behind it properly.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dawson should've saved both. Looked like he got caught in two minds between parrying it and catching it.
I agree with this. In an earlier game he pushed one past the same post in a similar fashion and I was convinced that one was going to end up in the side netting. It looked to me like he was trying to do the same today.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think you can pin the blame on Matt for this one.
He gambled, changed the formation and gave Daniel a start. That didn't pay off and ultimately it was poor keeping that cost three points.
Frustrating but we aren't that far off giving a team a hiding. Maybe that will come next week.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've just watched the goals on the Sky Score Centre app (can't see them on the website yet). It looks like a bloody awful mistake for the second.

wiveygrecian

I can’t understand why Sweeney is in front of George Ray today. Ray has been our best defender all season . Strange management abit like his substitutions today

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fringes of the playoffs beckons on this form.
That's wishful thinking

Memphis09

Sweeney's biggest fault it his inability to retain possession. He is generally so careless with his passing its almost like he simply doesn't see the opponent he passes to.
If you watch Hartridge he is far a worse passer of the ball

Memphis09

Big half time talk coming up. I expect a few home truths and maybe a substitution very soon.
I will be amazed if Daniel isn't taken off.
Agree Daniel is very poor not improving the team at all

Grecianpasty

Moving forward I'd like to see Taylor stick with a flat back four at home. My only concern is I don't have any faith in either of our left backs. I know it's unfair to judge both Daniel and Grounds, but I only see them both as utility players until Rowe is ready to step up into the first team (if that ever happens).

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you watch Hartridge he is far a worse passer of the ball
In general terms I wouldn't wholly agree with this. Today Hartridge's distribution was nothing short of shocking.