• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

‘Her Game Too’ Exeter City v Newport County Matchday Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We arent doing anything with our free kicks and corners. Literally may as well not take them.
It does make you wonder what they're doing in training all week.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Big half time talk coming up. I expect a few home truths and maybe a substitution very soon.
I will be amazed if Daniel isn't taken off.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Big half time talk coming up. I expect a few home truths and maybe a substitution very soon.
I will be amazed if Daniel isn't taken off.
I'd like to see George Ray on. We need to put more effort in, Newport seem to steal the ball off of us far too easily.

ExmouthMart

It isn’t good enough, but then we will never get rid of Taylor.
I wanted rid end of last season, but was willing to give him one more season.
If he doesn’t make the play offs this season then he needs to be let go.
Absolutely no chance he will be sacked and what’s the point?! It’s half time during a game in October. Wait till the end of the season when they hand out the prizes.

grecIAN Harris

I can guess the reaction to their second without even reading it but I'd like to see it again. My immediate reaction was the ball dipped very late in front of Dawson hence the apparent error (and I stood on The Bank pretty much in front of where I thought it dipped).
Overall though we need a rocket up our arses. We're too slow and ponderous on the ball. When we do move it around quickly we carry a threat but that is far and few between. I thought Key was caught too far up the pitch in the first place for the shot.
I could go on about Newport and 'the dark arts' but all I'll say is they're making Wycombe look like angels.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It isn’t good enough, but then we will never get rid of Taylor.
I wanted rid end of last season, but was willing to give him one more season.
If he doesn’t make the play offs this season then he needs to be let go.
Said this a number of times but I would go one further and say he has to get us promoted this season. Its his 4th season in charge, our biggest ever budget by his own admission, and failure to get promotion should result in someone else being given an opportunity to manage the first team

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Albumen

Some ‘gun jumpers’ on here. Plenty of time in this game. And a long season ahead. Come on Exeter.

PeteUSA

I can guess the reaction to their second without even reading it but I'd like to see it again. My immediate reaction was the ball dipped very late in front of Dawson hence the apparent error (and I stood on The Bank pretty much in front of where I thought it dipped).
I dont understand why everybody is trying to figure out a way why Dawson wasnt at fault with both Newport goals. The first was a tame half hit shot that Dawson obviously misjudged, the second was a dreadful error where once again Dawson got his timing all wrong. Two very poor goals by the standard he's previously set.

Red Bill

And so it begins , slag off the keeper time , cut him some slack he’s been brilliant this season
He has but there's no denying he let two in today that he should have stopped. The first one may have been carried ght out by the ball bouncing just before it came to him but the second was an absolute howler. Doesn't make him a crap keeper over night, but he won't sleep well tonight.
Too much hoofing it up the line to nobody in particular from the full backs and too slow to react from midfielders.
Newport are wining far toö many 50/50s and our passing has left a lot the be desired.