• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

£100k scoreboard. Yay or Nay.

Good enhancement of the matchday experience, over priced vanity project, do the fans really want one

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was against the new scoreboard, but I now like it. I see it as a part of the whole process of making the ground fit for Division 1. This should include improvements to the 'triangle' between the new stand and the Big Bank, which might allow us to increase capacity. I think we could easily have a number of sell-outs next season.
Morning Pete, Happy Easter

sidney

Morning Pete, Happy Easter
?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apologies. It's usually @PeteUSA that goes on about the gap. As has been widely discussed there's nothing that can be done to fill the gap.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was against the new scoreboard, but I now like it. I see it as a part of the whole process of making the ground fit for Division 1. This should include improvements to the 'triangle' between the new stand and the Big Bank, which might allow us to increase capacity. I think we could easily have a number of sell-outs next season.
Firstly, we didn't have many (if any) sell-outs when we were in League One previously. Secondly, the gap is not only problematic from a land ownership/engineering point of view, it has been shown that it would actually (mainly because of the former named issues) only provide around an additional 300 seats. It would be a huge financial outlay for virtually no benefit and any cost/benefit analysis would rule it out.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Firstly, we didn't have many (if any) sell-outs when we were in League One previously. Secondly, the gap is not only problematic from a land ownership/engineering point of view, it has been shown that it would actually (mainly because of the former named issues) only provide around an additional 300 seats. It would be a huge financial outlay for virtually no benefit and any cost/benefit analysis would rule it out.
This chestnut again. We have been over and over the logistics every time our friend from Arizona raises it.

Agree there is unlikely to be a demand, and the cost can never be justified, but in any case IMO it'd be fewer then 300 extra seats. Each full block of the stand only has 400 seats, so any triangular extension would seat more like 200, unless Network Rail removed their implacable opposition to the stand jutting out over the Jungle Path and railway embankment on a flying freehold. And then there would be the problem with replacing the current toilets and refreshments for the BB.

The only significant opportunity to improve the capacity of SJP would be a small double-decker stand in St James Road and round the corner of Well Street, butting onto the SASS.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Could the triangle be a small standing area?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We've moved on from the big screen. Do I need to close the thread?

Oldsmobile-88

We've moved on from the big screen. Do I need to close the thread?
I think the thread has run its course Hants..

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the reasons I started the thread was that Taggy said the fans wanted the scoreboard, well two thirds of Exewebbers who responded to the survey were in favour so fair enough. Personally I like the new screen and look forward to when Scott and the chaps get it functioning to its full potential.

Grecian2K

Absolutely not!

By all means keep it on topic but even Mr Palfrey and the media team have acknowledged the feedback that has come back from here. Surely constructive comment and even criticism about the content can only help to ensure "continual improvement"*
(*As the business gurus like to call it)

Status
Not open for further replies.