• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

£100k scoreboard. Yay or Nay.

Good enhancement of the matchday experience, over priced vanity project, do the fans really want one

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why would we need loads of new companies?
Think of all the birthday/anniversary messages etc that could be put on there. £50 a pop, bargain

David Treharne

Has anybody got any idea about the actual cost of the scorboard. All that have been wafted around on this thread, so far, are guestimates and wild hyperbole from the President of the Club. I suspect, given the nature of those currently controlling the purse strings at Exeter City there must have been considerable debate about the advisability or otherwise of the project. If it hadn't been finacially viable (or thought to be) it wouldn't have got the go-ahead.

Boyo

Why would we need loads of new companies?
Think of all the birthday/anniversary messages etc that could be put on there. £50 a pop, bargain
If the digital screen pulls in £50k of revenue through sponsorship and ads, but the Club loses £50k of revenue from elsewhere as companies have merely shifted platform, then the club is no better off. The screen has to generate new revenue.

Would you seriously pay £50 for a message to be displayed on the screen?

Reactions: WXF

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If the digital screen pulls in £50k of revenue through sponsorship and ads, but the Club loses £50k of revenue from elsewhere as companies have merely shifted platform, then the club is no better off. The screen has to generate new revenue.

I'd love to put Exeweb on there for 50 quid. Even if it's not on there for long. Though that option was not available on the new pitch side advertising board.

Grecian Max

The costs for advertising on Westcounty TV are here: https://www.itvmedia.co.uk/advertising-on-itv/airtime I'm surprised at how cheap it actually is. £650 for a 30 second ad at prime-time.

I hope you're right and we have lots of new companies lined up, but from a pure business perspective, I can see the challenges/competition.
Let's be honest, who watches TV traditionally any more? No wonder its so cheap, at least SJP its a captive audience

iscalad

Why would it lose revenue from elsewhere?
Loads of people would pay for personal messages.

Number13

£100k?????
The most obvious nay ever!!!!!

Boyo

Let's be honest, who watches TV traditionally any more? No wonder its so cheap, at least SJP its a captive audience
Fair point (with the exception of the 26m people who tuned into ITV on Wednesday :)). Personally, I watch much more stuff through iPlayer and Netflix than 'live' TV.

ExmouthMart

Classic case of everyone else got one so we should get one. Maybe replacing the faded seats or painting the stanchions on the roof of the big bank and cowshed (old money!) would have been better use of money or more catering outlets or ‘refreshment‘ stands to generate money. As I always say can we please have the chicken/turkey back for half time entertainment. Best thing ever!

Boyo

Why would it lose revenue from elsewhere?
Loads of people would pay for personal messages.
Companies have a limited budget for promotional purposes. So company X spending £500 on screen advertising instead of on perimeter board advertising, doesn't generate additional income. To increase revenue you need existing companies to spend more, or attract new companies (ideally both).

I'll be amazed if loads of people are will to spend £50 on personal messages. Particularly when you can post the same message on Facebook for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.