• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

£100k scoreboard. Yay or Nay.

Good enhancement of the matchday experience, over priced vanity project, do the fans really want one

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would not be surprised if a similar poll on the Facebook ECFC loud & proud group would mirror a exeweb poll judging by some of the comments on that group.

Do you ever post/look on there Al ? It makes exeweb look like a vicars tea party at times 😎
No, I do not partake of the Book of Face. When I announced to my children that I wanted to open an account and could they help me to set it up I was sternly told: "Facebook is not for old farts like you Dad " So that was the end of it.

ExmouthMart

Bit pointless now because it’s happening for next season. No blame for asking people’s opinions now but this should have happened during a consultation period where everything would be explained, both positive and negative. If we are genuinely a supporter owned and run club, everyone should be given an opportunity, who wants to, to have their say. It shouldn’t ever be taken for granted by those on the boards that they automatically speak for everybody and it’s okay to act accordingly. If you are putting your own money in, fair enough but don’t just say everyone wants it. They might want it but not necessarily now in the scheme of things. Consultation with the people who put you in office is always a good course of action to remember.

red1

Yay. Might as well be Progressive off the pitch if we are inot going to be progressive on it.

tonykellowfan

Don't know from me. We have no idea what the cost will actually be. Or the value.

All significant capital expenditure should be subject to Cost Benefit Analysis as a point of principle. No exceptions.
This is the sort of management nonsense that means nothing ever gets done.

How can you put a value on the improved experience of the spectators?

Oldsmobile-88

No, I do not partake of the Book of Face. When I announced to my children that I wanted to open an account and could they help me to set it up I was sternly told: "Facebook is not for old farts like you Dad " So that was the end of it.
Very wise....Some of the slander & general nonsense have stopped me from posting recently on that forum group...The voice of reason,NLM is the only reason I take a peek occasionally plus of course our very own Ant Moxey putting a few precious souls in their place 😁😁

Legohead

Banned

Have the spectators (fans) been asked if they would like a scoreboard and if so, in what ways would it enhance their enjoyment of attending a game?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

OK, I'll bite.

How can you not?

Scenario:

The Club has (roughly) £1M to play with.

If the scoreboard cost £1M would you go ahead, rather than spend the money on the pitch or C&F?

If you say "yes" to £1M I'll accept your point.

If not, you are putting "a value on the improved experience of the spectators", if nothing else in relation to other alternative uses of the cash. CBA is a way of determining value for money and ranking projects. It's slightly more complicated to do about qualitative "experience" issues, but quite routine. Organisations do this all day every day. Even the NHS does it, e.g. about drugs and other new treatments, through NICE: do you spend £100K per patient on a new drug that might extend life by a few weeks, or instead one that helps suicidal teenagers through their difficulties? (a real case I was involved with many years ago). Life is about making choices, and having the best information you can is the way to make the best choices.

Alistair20000

Very wise....Some of the slander & general nonsense have stopped me from posting recently on that forum group...The voice of reason,NLM is the only reason I take a peek occasionally plus of course our very own Ant Moxey putting a few precious souls in their place 😁😁
Perhaps I ought to lurk :)

Anton seems to have abandoned us on these Boards. :(

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
When does the polling station close please Hants ?
Seven days. To lomg? It should go past match day on Saturday when a lot of extras login.

IndoMike

Where did he say this?
Already posted his quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.